Switching my order from SD to GTS

All your ordering information here!
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

My overall is 30. Not complaining. just observing. Better than the X5 (2007) and similar to Golf R. Similar to Merc E320 built 2002.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)

31may1997

Post by 31may1997 »

Paul wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:20 pm Thought.....in no particular order.....

Facelift GTS probably won’t be out until mid ‘20
See if your dealership will commit, in writing, to their estimated future buy-back price (😂😂)
Motorway usage will return you 25 mpg in a GTS or 35 mpg in a diesel like for like driving (I’ve had both)
Based on your usage I’d snap up one if the many pre-reg diesel currently floating around (didn’t someone on here get £9K off ...?)
Life's uncertainty does make the ride more interesting...I did indeed get 9k off a pre-reg, the dealer also had a decent spec'd Carmine Red SD that listed at just under 64k and was offered for 53k. My misses didn't fancy the red as it would have clashed with her hair !.
1985 - 944
2002 - Boxster
2001 - 996 C4
2006 - 997 C2S
2018 - Macan SD (Sold)
2022 Macan GTS on order
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Steve1 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:36 pm Thanks for all your advice, I have asked for another SD but they all seem to be Red or White and I have already owned both these colours on previous cars!

My order was placed Jan 18 with late April delivery and I had already negotiated £2.5k discount.

They are also willing to honour this discount meaning that the GTS with the spec detailed above would come in at £59k with the total £6k discount.

I was thinking of maybe just keeping 12-18 months to keep the mileage @ 20-25k and then selling for hopefully around the £55k mark.

I could jump in the Mrs Quashqai (very painful) to help keep the mileage down.

OPC have said tat the GTS would be delivered in May if I get my order in the next couple of days (end of Feb).

Thank You all again and will let you know how I proceed.

Steve
A 6k discount on a GTS is not bad, try for a bit more if you can. If not, I would probably still buy it and try and keep mileage lower by driving qashqai (or get another cheap lease car - see central vehicle leasing for offers) and then buy a facelift later this year or next year. I think the GTS will hold pretty well if you can keep mileage to a reasonable level.

This advice is probably contrary to the others on here, but I've made a habit of driving Porsches for next to nothing by avoiding depreciation.

Arif
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Johnsmith wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:05 pm The reason you're in this situation is politics.

Buying an expensive diesel today makes that car's future value dependent upon what the courts, national government and councils decide over the coming years. Unless you have a pcp backstop.

With petrol, it will cost you more on fuel (which you can roughly calculate) but the depreciation on a diesel is a really tough call today ( some argue it could be worth more than a petrol as they've stopped making them!).
To add to this, an indicator of what's to come - Islington Council in London announced a £2/hour diesel surcharge last year. They already introduced a £96 surcharge for diesel owner resident parking permits a few years ago and other councils will doubtless follow.

TfL are introducing an ultra low emissions zone next year with restrictions on 4x4 and diesel. This is likely a precursor to a ban which I know Paris, Mexico, Madrid and Athens are proposing by 2025. The German federal court delayed a ruling due this week on whether Stuttgart and Dusseldorf can ban diesel vehicles to improve air quality.

All of this is going to trigger a fall in resale and rise in the cost of lease contracts. If you're some sort of masochist and like traffic, driving in London is going to be even more expensive. If you need to take your SD into a city, I'm sure in the next couple of years, this will start to become a factor.
Spud

Post by Spud »

Cjm360 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 pm At the end of the day you only live once, there is always a newer model or face lift due, that’s why they do it, just buy it enjoy it then when your ready sell it and move on
Totally agree, you can wait for ever and a day, money will be lost on a car whatever, the days of not losing money on the Macan are long gone
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I certainly would not buy a premium car myself and then rack up twice the average mileage in it.

As other have said, it will make it less desirable in the future.

That said if your OPC can give you a written guarantee of their buy back price in say 18 months then that would ease worries.

My SD did not manage the mpg that the in car MFD showed, my actual was 33 mpg over the six months I had the car.

My Turbo is 10 mpg less than the SD, again that is actual and not what the MFD shows.

I made up a spreadsheet that using current fuel costs would give extra GTS fuel costs of £1500 per year on 18,000 miles.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Coming up to 3k miles, dash is showing 33.4 mpg AV, but I've never seen above 38mpg even on a steady motorway cruise. Still pretty good for a 1.8 tonne brick though?
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Arif... what’s your feeling of a facelift GTS in September/ October time , or do you think it won’t be for another year or so?
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:17 am I certainly would not buy a premium car myself and then rack up twice the average mileage in it.

As other have said, it will make it less desirable in the future.

That said if your OPC can give you a written guarantee of their buy back price in say 18 months then that would ease worries.

My SD did not manage the mpg that the in car MFD showed, my actual was 33 mpg over the six months I had the car.

My Turbo is 10 mpg less than the SD, again that is actual and not what the MFD shows.

I made up a spreadsheet that using current fuel costs would give extra GTS fuel costs of £1500 per year on 18,000 miles.
Another view might be that i wouldn't buy a premium car and leave it collecting dust in the garage!

The Macan tends to be first choice for both of us so we're contemplating selling one of the less used cars.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Andy352

Post by Andy352 »

So the message seems to be, buy a lovely Porsche Macan but leave it sitting in your garage or driveway while driving about in a less lovely car just in case you might lose some money.
I think I'm on the wrong forum, maybe should be on Moneysupermarket.com.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTU3KJ5