911 Collections

All your ordering information here!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

VanB wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:04 pm
Rab J wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:05 pm I was out in the garden earlier and a couple drove past in a MGF with the hood down, but then after the lunchtime news I see snow forecast at the weekend again. Another beast from the east it seems. I have been trying to get in touch with the PPF guy to organize fitting. The sad problem that the OPC will not let it be fitted on their site so will have to wait to I get it home.
Had the same issue with getting my car detailed which is very frustrating. However, the time passes swiftly (anyone else notice how fast time flies by as we get older).

To be fair to the OPCs, and taking into account their hourly labour charges, not to mention profit on parts etc, giving up space in their workshop would have a high 'opportunity cost' especially bearing in mind that space will be at a premium in many OPCs in light of March deliveries and the recent inhospitable weather. :geek: Often the space would be needed for 2-3 days, and it may not be as 'sterile' as the detailers own custom-built premises.

Am surprised that Paul has not spoken up for the dealers on this matter. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Just off the phone with the PPF guy who is up to his neck in work. He says there seems to be lots of new Porsches around for some reason. I explained Porsche where pushing a lot of cars through due to the factory close down. He also does all the local Ferraris and Astons, with a 488 full car to do next week. I shudder to think what that will cost. So I have booked him for the 3rd April which fall in perfectly with my original dates. Three weeks wont be the end of the world especially if the weather has another cold spell. I'm also looking at fitting Rimsavers to the wheels. I saw them at the London classic show and they are very neat, only a millimetre or so thick and will save the rims which are getting no protection from the tyre.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

So your sparkling Carmine Red 911 GTS gets nearer & nearer! :)

As VanB says, hopefully the intervening time will fly by...!
Simon

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:20 pm So your sparkling Carmine Red 911 GTS gets nearer & nearer! :)

As VanB says, hopefully the intervening time will fly by...!
Yes WC, Not that long compaired to the seven months I waited on the Macan. I have a few other projects to be getting on with so am happy to wait.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Excellent! Glad that you have plenty of things to take your mind off the wait! :) 👍
Simon

Paul

Post by Paul »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:44 pm
VanB wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:04 pm
Rab J wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:05 pm I was out in the garden earlier and a couple drove past in a MGF with the hood down, but then after the lunchtime news I see snow forecast at the weekend again. Another beast from the east it seems. I have been trying to get in touch with the PPF guy to organize fitting. The sad problem that the OPC will not let it be fitted on their site so will have to wait to I get it home.
Had the same issue with getting my car detailed which is very frustrating. However, the time passes swiftly (anyone else notice how fast time flies by as we get older).

To be fair to the OPCs, and taking into account their hourly labour charges, not to mention profit on parts etc, giving up space in their workshop would have a high 'opportunity cost' especially bearing in mind that space will be at a premium in many OPCs in light of March deliveries and the recent inhospitable weather. :geek: Often the space would be needed for 2-3 days, and it may not be as 'sterile' as the detailers own custom-built premises.

Am surprised that Paul has not spoken up for the dealers on this matter. ;)
😳
...nothing to add to the above wingco. Are you quite sure you weren’t a dealer in a previous life?😉😉😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Ha ha! Nope! Have always worked in financial services! :geek:

But I do have a little sympathy with the costs and risks of setting up & running a business, especially one as costly as a multi-million pound new plate glass Porsche Centre! ;)
Simon

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

How much of the 911 are you covering with PPF Rab J? Could you not offer Andrew a few quid extra to help you jump a little further up the queue.

Not sure I would be covering a whole Ferrari in the stuff as it isn't as nice a finish as paint. I would tend do the most vulnerable areas and as little as possible to get a reasonable level of protection. And as you say the cost for a whole Ferrari must be kinda eye watering.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

MCDK wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:05 pm How much of the 911 are you covering with PPF Rab J? Could you not offer Andrew a few quid extra to help you jump a little further up the queue.

Not sure I would be covering a whole Ferrari in the stuff as it isn't as nice a finish as paint. I would tend do the most vulnerable areas and as little as possible to get a reasonable level of protection. And as you say the cost for a whole Ferrari must be kinda eye watering.
I'm doing the full front as I don't like the idea of half bonnet or wings. As part of the deal he's going to do small areas around the back wheels to protect from debris thrown up by the tyres. I had a bit around the boot lip / back bumper done on my Carmine Macan and apart from a small line, which unless you knew to look for, wouldn't be noticeable.
No doubt I could get it done a bit sooner but not that worried so happy to wait the three weeks.
MartinRS2K

Post by MartinRS2K »

I've not collected it yet, but this is it finished (except the front stick on number plate) ready to be returned to my Porsche Dealer for collection by me on Saturday.

Will post some better pics when I collect the car 8-)

Macan GTS collected 28/10/17 - Carmine Red http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ4B4758
991.2 GT3 Touring collected 24/03/18 - Carrara White Metallic http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ9T3NA0
997.2 GT3RS 2010 - Carrara White with Riviera Blue Decals and Wheels (Only 7,000 miles from New)