911 Collections

All your ordering information here!
VanB

Post by VanB »

MacanArif wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:19 pm Thanks for the pics VanB - looking awesome, what are you having done to it? Ceramic coating or PPF?
Arif, ceramic coating with a 10H product. Thought about PPF but thought it was a bit more than I thought it was worth as I could have the front end resprayed for about the same
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

VanB wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:32 pm That's a beautiful colour Rab. Expect you will be beside yourself when you take delivery. I seriously considered carmine but couldn't swallow the cost!
Yes don't mention the cost Van, frankly ridiculous for flat paint, but it is a personal favourite so sucked it up took the hit. It does look especially well on a GTS with black accents, although I doubt it will be worth much more than a no cost white car in a couple of years.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
VanB

Post by VanB »

Still looks beautiful, Rab so just enjoy it!
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

MacanArif wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:18 pm Carmine on a GTS- very nice Rab. When do you get hold of that beauty?
Mac, my original idea was to take delivery after Easter as it was due to be built next week. Now its been pulled forward and is at the OPC I am tempted to put it on the road sooner, although with the s**t weather there's less temptation. I will also have to speak to the PPF guy next week and find out when he is available. It is a pity that the OPC wont let the guy fit it on site before its registered. There's not much point in driving it for a month before its done either as sods law thats the time it would get chipped.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Rab J - that looks beautiful even before PDI and sitting in the showroom all polished up waiting for you! I can confirm you are in for a treat!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
VanB

Post by VanB »

2nd that Nick
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

VanB wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:37 pm Still looks beautiful, Rab so just enjoy it!
Certainly no regrets :D
BTW I'm not sure who's idea the alcantara extended leather interior was but I am very pleased with the look and the SE was so impressed he has recommended this option to other 911GTS buyers most of whom didn't understand what it covered for a reasonable sum in 911 terms.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Washed mine today after a filthy run yesterday. The crap all down the sides really took some effort to shift, I think down to the fact that the council mixes molasses with the salt and grit they dumped on the roads last week. We need days of torrential rain and traffic to get rid of it. I found the wheels particularly tricky to clean after the easy SD wheels on the Macan.

VanB - thanks for the pics of yours being detailed. I wondered if you were going to have the wheels taken off for detailing, as they need to know what they’re doing with centre lock hubs and clearly they do. It will be interesting to hear how the coating affects the ease of cleaning the wheels.

I’m running mine in with Sport mode selected because it uses lower gears and keeps the engine spinning under light load rather than changing up into sixth at 30mph! (This is NOT a prompt to start yet another debate on whether or not these cars need running in!).

First impressions are gobsmacking, to use a technical term.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
VanB

Post by VanB »

Rab J wrote:
VanB wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:37 pm Still looks beautiful, Rab so just enjoy it!
Certainly no regrets :D
BTW I'm not sure who's idea the alcantara extended leather interior was but I am very pleased with the look and the SE was so impressed he has recommended this option to other 911GTS buyers most of whom didn't understand what it covered for a reasonable sum in 911 terms.
That was Nuclear Nick to whom I am also very grateful - I love my interior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Stunning GTS Rab 👍

Once you get behind the wheel it will be an amazing feeling.

Enjoy when you take Delivery 👍
GTS 😀