Change in circumstances post order

All your ordering information here!
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:40 am
alxgb wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:39 am I'd speak to a few of the independents like Bramley, JZM, Redline and so on. They may be willing to take the car but sound them out before you speak to the OPC so you understand your options.
I would not recommend this action.

Selling the car straight on to anyone could possibly result in being blacklisted by Porsche.
Firstly, I didn't say he should sell it to them, I said that he should sound them out. Going into such a situation, I'd want to understand what all my options were outside of reading the contract and understanding exit penalties to ensure the best possible outcome.

Secondly, it's a Macan with no preferential allocation status. Not a numbered limited edition or limited production GT series vehicle so selling it on irrespective of motive is the buyer's prerogative.

N13LXC

Post by N13LXC »

Trosley wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:54 pm Not entirely sure if this is correct but I was told that if you have or are due to have any finance on a vehicle then you have an automatic consumer legal right to cancel with no financial penalty. I was in a Land Rover dealership, late last year, where a lady customer sadly lost her job on the very day she was due to pick up her new car that she had previously ordered several months earlier. The car had already been registered in her name. Since this happened on the day I was there, I tend to believe the story and according to the SE the garage fully accepted the situation, arranged for the car to be deregistered and immediately returned her deposit to avoid her any further heartache.
You have a legal right to withdraw from a finance deal within 14 days of the drawdown. That withdrawl only impact funds financed, not deposits paid, and the finance company can recover some costs i think too...

It’s really down to the dealer and their want to kepp face with their customer base.

Personally, I’d always ask gor it back in a reasonable manner and see what comes...
Current: 991.2 GTS, Gtd
Previous: Macan TPP, C350e, B8 RS4 Nogaro, Tiguan, S3, A1, B8 RS4, A5 cab, Golf GTTDI x2, RS Clio 197, TT Cab 1.8T, RS Clio 182, Megane 1.5 dci, Clio 1.5 dci, Astra Merit 1.6 d
Johnsmith

Post by Johnsmith »

In that Landrover situation , I've got some sympathy for the dealers . Some one has spec'd a car to their choosing and can then walk away, and dealer groups are now working on low net margins .
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

alxgb wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:21 pm
alxgb wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:39 am I'd speak to a few of the independents like Bramley, JZM, Redline and so on. They may be willing to take the car but sound them out before you speak to the OPC so you understand your options.

Selling the car straight on to anyone could possibly result in being blacklisted by Porsche.
Firstly, I didn't say he should sell it to them, I said that he should sound them out. Going into such a situation, I'd want to understand what all my options were outside of reading the contract and understanding exit penalties to ensure the best possible outcome.

Secondly, it's a Macan with no preferential allocation status. Not a numbered limited edition or limited production GT series vehicle so selling it on irrespective of motive is the buyer's prerogative.
Both Macan Turbo and GTS cars have in the past been offered for sale at or above the original purchase price and this has led to action by Porsche.

Same Porsche action thing has occurred with quick turnaround Macans, that is collection and quick listing for sale.

One OPC offered for sale a Macan GTS that was a failed purchase at above original list and they got knuckles wrapped.

Its not just preferential models that are affected.

Given the limited availabilty looming ahead it could very well be that Porsche will be looking at potential above list sales by individuals, independents or OPCs.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

An OPC cannot sell a new car above list for obvious reasons but for a used car they can ask whatever they fancy. The market decides that price and whether the car will sell.
Wannabe

Post by Wannabe »

Spoke to my opc today and was told about the issue with the relay that had meant a delay to delivery, gives me a couple of weeks to decide if I can take the plunge or not financially given new circumstances...
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

That’s alright then.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Wannabe wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:24 pm Spoke to my opc today and was told about the issue with the relay that had meant a delay to delivery, gives me a couple of weeks to decide if I can take the plunge or not financially given new circumstances...
You will be the only person happy with a 2 week delay to comply with new legislation!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Suggest you check out the t&c's you signed up to so that you are aware of the worst case scenario and then take your discussion with the supplying OPC. You have a big spec Turbo there I'm sure it will fit someone's wish list, so hopefully you can walk away with limited exposure but best to talk to them asap.
Best of luck
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:11 pm
alxgb wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:21 pm

Both Macan Turbo and GTS cars have in the past been offered for sale at or above the original purchase price and this has led to action by Porsche.

Same Porsche action thing has occurred with quick turnaround Macans, that is collection and quick listing for sale.

One OPC offered for sale a Macan GTS that was a failed purchase at above original list and they got knuckles wrapped.

Its not just preferential models that are affected.

Given the limited availabilty looming ahead it could very well be that Porsche will be looking at potential above list sales by individuals, independents or OPCs.
What you're saying is all a bit vague. What action did they take? Which OPC?

I 'flipped' a Macan Turbo with the full knowledge of my OPC - my wife wasn't confident driving it in London and it failed as a shared car on that basis. It was one of the first Turbos delivered in London too as I had an LOI in for a long time before the Macan was announced. Sold it within a month of arrival and made a solid profit. Since had 2 GT car allocations and a Macan GTS.

There is a distinction between an OPC's pricing policy not falling in line with corporate for new car sales and used stock reflecting market prices. I can understand a dealer getting a rap on their knuckles entering a new car into used stock to capitalise on the inflated price but that's distinctly different from enforcement on customer sales.