My Current Thinking

All your ordering information here!
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

That’s probably all you need to know :lol: :lol: :lol:
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

Taz

Post by Taz »

If I’m correct you get the coloured wheel centred on 21s?

Not on mine, they're not.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

They are on mine.. I did ask the question :?:
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
spook

Post by spook »

SRDL wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:20 pm Thanks all for your input.

So what is the thinking about coloured wheel crests? I am really not sure whether to go colour or stick with black and white.

My only option mistake 13 years ago with my 1st Porsche ( Boxster with Carrera wheels ) was not having the coloured wheel crests IMO they just set the cars wheels off.

You can buy cheeeeeep copies off ebay and they are not difficult to fit, just have to buy the right size for your wheel.

There are other thread on this if you search the site.
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

SRDL wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:12 pm Following on from my post on the ”Introductions” forum, here is a little more detail about what I am considering once my OPC is in a position to take an order.

It will definitely be a Macan S. If the world hadn’t changed so much in the last few years, I might well have gone for a diesel but it really has to be a petrol engine for my first Porsche anyway. That will be quite fast enough for me so I don’t need to look at a GTS or Turbo!

I have test driven an S with 21 inch wheels and air suspension and that was lovely, I have also tried an S Diesel with 19 inch and standard suspension and the ride in that was fine. I will probably compromise and go for 19 inch with PASM.

I selected “Surround View” because I Iike to keep my car in the garage and the Macan is going to be a very tight fit.

Beyond that, I am happy with what I have got listed and it keeps me within the £55k figure agreed with Mrs L. When I first told her about the Macan, she said “well get one”. I replied “that will be over £50k” thinking that would be the end of it and, to my surprise, she replied “that's OK” (must have been the Porsche name!). Anyway, we’ve since established that I said “over £50k” and not “£50k” but I’m now getting some resistance over £55k - but I’ve got time to work on her!

The Porsche Code for the current configuration is:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ6KS850
Tremendous restraint in working to your brief!

A couple of comments which might help:

I have a tight entrance to my garage and have to close my mirrors in to get a line which will allow me to get out without feeling like I have been squeezed through the eye of a needle. Due to how tight it is, every corner sensor sounds and highlights red on the display. As an aid, they're more distracting than useful. I tried surround view on a car my dealer lent me for a day and I couldn't bring myself to trust it. I have about 5 cm either side of the mirrors if I go in centrally but I have to turn as I back in to allow sufficient door opening space. I felt that the surround view wasn't accurate/useful enough based on where I placed the car and then compared to what the surround view showed me. Maybe it was a case of familiarity but someone on the forum has been complaining about calibration issues and that's for parallel parking, not getting into a garage. Unless you have tested it in your garage and feel comfortable that it will work, I'd choose other options ahead of it.

Agree with other comments on the light package, it's a good feature and why would you deprive your wife of the opportunity to buy some centre caps for your next birthday or perhaps as a Christmas present... :lol:
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wow.

What a restrained spec, I do not mean that in a negative way, it has all the extras that matter.

Couple of comments.

I have the heated steering wheel and it got used more this Winter than the heated seats.

If you use cruise control a lot the standard one is 20 years out of date, ACC is well worth it.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
happy days

Post by happy days »

I have coloured wheel caps on both Porsches now; my last Boxster didn't have them and I think they add that final touch. Do not order a new car without the heated steering wheel - it really is one of the best options available IMHO.
Macan S D
718 S
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

Thanks alxgb, that’s very useful. If my measurements are accurate, I should have around 10cm either side to spare but I don’t want to catch a front wing on the door frame if I get my aim wrong so I may experiment with some cheap mirrors on the end wall to see whether that helps. I have a good few months to play around with ideas if I have to wait until November!
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

Thanks to all for your input - very useful. It looks as though the interior lighting package, heated steering wheel and coloured wheel caps will all be on the list. I can, at least, justify an overspend on the lighting so Mrs L can check her makeup properly ;)
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Heated steering wheel is a must for me. Also the smoker pack is regularly specced to get the lid over the hole on the centre console.
Have you seen an agate interior in the flesh? The plastics in agate can look a bit muddy brown in colour.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.