2018 MY Facelift Macan

All your ordering information here!
VanB

Post by VanB »

I suspect that is the case. As was pointed out by someone with a greater engineering intellect than I on another thread, they will likely need to redesign the platform from the ground up to accommodate a hybrid power train and a new platform is highly unlikely for a facelift model.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

I believe it’s also been mentioned by Porsche that in about 2022 the Macan will go straight to EV
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
GW2015

Post by GW2015 »

SRDL wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:40 pm
RAA wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:46 am Does anyone know when the new, facelifted Macan will be revealed, please ?
I believe I read somewhere that it is going to be revealed at the Beijing Motor Show later this month.

Maybe is the word!
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Dandock wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:23 pm I believe it’s also been mentioned by Porsche that in about 2022 the Macan will go straight to EV
It will be a major decision for Porsche because going full EV means there is no going back i.e. you can make an ICE/PHEV platform, but a full EV platform would have to be seriously compromised if it had to include ICE options too. So they would potentially end up with 2 different platforms similar to Jaguar with their I-Pace vs F-Pace. It will be very interesting to see how this pans out, but I'm all up for an EV future in this sector.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

More likely to be EV for a new category SUV / CUV estate type of vehicle in the 2021/2 era. Rather than the tweaked MY2018 face lift.

That's if the dreaded EV really is the only future option prior to 2040. I truly hope that this isn't the future of motoring and that mankind comes up with a solution that is not tethered to the national grid and all the disadvantages of that solution.

Why are the major oil companies SO quiet? They're certainly not rushing to put in banks of EV chargers on their forecourts. What do they know that we don't?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:23 pm More likely to be EV for a new category SUV / CUV estate type of vehicle in the 2021/2 era. Rather than the tweaked MY2018 face lift.
According to Oliver Blume they will make a decision this year that will also consider a Macan Coupe. Or maybe with the Mission E Cross Turismo we’ve already seen it - or something like it.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

Dandock wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:30 pm ...... that will also consider a Macan Coupe.
No! Not a Macan Coupe! Is it just me who thinks the GLC/GLE Coupes, X4 and X6 just don’t look right. And don’t even start me in the Evoque Convertible. :o
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

SRDL wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:43 am
Dandock wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:30 pm ...... that will also consider a Macan Coupe.
No! Not a Macan Coupe! Is it just me who thinks the GLC/GLE Coupes, X4 and X6 just don’t look right. And don’t even start me in the Evoque Convertible. :o
I quite like the Evoque Convertible. The car makes no sense, but it looks good to me.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

SRDL wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:43 am
Absolutely agree about those examples. According to Herr Blume the decision will depend on market reaction to the idea so you’d best email him now. But with the Mission E Cross he’s saying that such a solution is what the market is demanding

In my experience there are inherent dangers in reacting blindly to market research opinion. I’m pretty sure the 911 would have died on such a basis alone. It of course depends on what questions are asked. And I wonder if the Cayenne would have been born without a fair percentage of gut feeling being involved?
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

Update from my SE - he thinks they may not hear anything about the facelift until June or July
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!