2018 MY Facelift Macan

All your ordering information here!
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

johnd wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:22 pm
VanB wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:10 am Even if the power supply isn't a problem the infrastructure is and will require massive investment.
But why do you think infrastructure is a problem? I don't see why the grid infrastructure is a major issue, especially if you assume that most charging will happen overnight - the existing grid has to be able to cope with daytime peaks which are substantially higher than demand in the early hours.

Locally, yes, there will need to be some coordination with the supply network and might constrain where it's cost-effective to locate them, but putting in a rapid charger is really no different to supplying eg a smallish block of flats.
Yes, the bulk charging will be overnight, basically smoothing out grid demand, which has always been an issue. Our regional electricity board is currently carrying out a survey into the impact of EVs on grid demand and I got a free charger as part of that survey. The charger they supplied is smart enough to adjust its output to local grid capacity, with a peak of 8 kW on single phase. It monitors my usage and adjusts output accordingly. I don't even notice when it reduces power, which it only does as a simulation, not because the demand is currently that high. We have a standard 100A domestic supply with no upgrade required to accommodate EV charging. I wake up every morning with a 200 mile range, which is fine. The odd time I need more range I just use the SC network as required. Doesn't happen very often, but will make more use of that when we start going out on summer weekend trips.

Obviously many people are unable to home charge and that is certainly a problem to be solved. Work place charging is one viable option for some people and new builds will begin to provide home charging solutions. I can imagine a future where allocated parking spaces will have built-in chargers, the power required is nothing special for this. It's not going to happen overnight with millions of EVs suddenly replacing every vehicle on the road. The pace that the mainstream industry is moving it will take decades for the change.

GW2015

Post by GW2015 »

Blimey, this has turned into a feeding frenzy for the battery boys!!
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

GW2015 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:11 pm Blimey, this has turned into a feeding frenzy for the battery boys!!
:lol: Just spat my tea out! :lol:
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Gonzo0

Post by Gonzo0 »

Bringing this thread back on track....

A very 'undisguised' facelift macan has been spotted:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/spys ... e_onscroll#

Front end hasnt changed much, rear end is still covered up hiding the new rear light cluster.

Quite like the green too actually :D
Col M

Post by Col M »

I hope that green is in the standard colours 😁
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

This green is the mambagreen I think that is now available as “metallic” colour on the panamera, so it probably will be available :)

I don’t like the front lower splitter/car wide airvent though...
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Orangebulldog wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:39 pm This green is the mambagreen I think that is now available as “metallic” colour on the panamera, so it probably will be available :)

That green does not appear on the GB configurator for the Panamera. :geek:

Looks good on the Macan though. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

It looks as if the fog-lights have disappeared from the front. If that's so then the cornering light feature has probably gone as well.

With the advent of Bi-Xenon and LED headlights, I've long thought that fog lights are superfluous but the cornering function was useful.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:13 pm
Orangebulldog wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:39 pm This green is the mambagreen I think that is now available as “metallic” colour on the panamera, so it probably will be available :)

That green does not appear on the GB configurator for the Panamera. :geek:

Looks good on the Macan though. :)
Tze Germans have it ;)

22FC230B-1EF2-4D1A-AFD5-055FFAF8D46A.png

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

And you can keep it...
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊