2018 MY Facelift Macan

All your ordering information here!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

happy days wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:10 pm The tailgate doesn't look like it fits too well. Pre-production model?

I think that's the effect of the fake light stickers not being aligned ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Just reading an article on the GTS in my copy of Porsche Post. The journo comments on the ageing centre console and then goes on to say that ‘The facelifted car... will have rectified this with more of the intuitive central command concepts... in the new Panamera. Expect more screens, bigger screens, increased digitisation...’

Is this just journo spiel or does he know something?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
kashyk

Post by kashyk »

Thanks GW2015.

I'm new to the forum and am looking at ordering the Macan GTS in the next few months.

Based on what you're saying, is it safe to say that I should hold off until next year?

any advice is welcome!
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

kashyk wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:56 pm Thanks GW2015.

I'm new to the forum and am looking at ordering the Macan GTS in the next few months.

Based on what you're saying, is it safe to say that I should hold off until next year?

any advice is welcome!
Firstly, welcome.

If you are wanting a new build then you are out of luck at present. The factory is shut until September and I’m not sure when the configurator will be back online.
If you are happy to take a pre-registered or second hand car then you should get a little bit of a discount. I know the dealers are fearing this shut down period so if you are willing to shop around it should make things easier for you.

If you are wanting the latest facelift model then I would be putting a deposit down now. This will get you towards the top of the queue. I waited years for my Macan and about 18 months for my Cayenne. If there is no rush then I would wait. See if you prefer the new or the current model and decide from there.

Hope this helps.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Here is the situation for Porsche Germany. I emailed my SA to ask him about factory shutdown and resale prices for the Macan.

“Good morning Tom,

How are you? Yes that's right, due to the change in emissions - no Porsche is produced in the month of August & September. Since the new Macan model starts in early October / November, the Macan is already sold out. The new Macan Turbo will be available in March 2019 - so you could get a good price here.
The delivery time for a new Porsche Cayenne is also already in March.

I wish you a nice and sunny day.

See you soon and best regards.”

So no more current model macans can be ordered, and the new model only available in March 2019.
kashyk

Post by kashyk »

smithy37 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:01 pm
kashyk wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:56 pm Thanks GW2015.

any advice is welcome!
Firstly, welcome.

If you are wanting a new build then you are out of luck at present. The factory is shut until September and I’m not sure when the configurator will be back online.
If you are happy to take a pre-registered or second hand car then you should get a little bit of a discount. I know the dealers are fearing this shut down period so if you are willing to shop around it should make things easier for you.

If you are wanting the latest facelift model then I would be putting a deposit down now. This will get you towards the top of the queue. I waited years for my Macan and about 18 months for my Cayenne. If there is no rush then I would wait. See if you prefer the new or the current model and decide from there.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for the help - looks like I better get in touch with my nearest showroom and get a deposit down!!
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

From autobild.de website. Not sure if these are renders or the real deal.

D3EAECBC-14C2-4C1A-9C18-6E18BBAE700E.jpeg

BB12FF02-05FB-4221-8CB3-9344C3449470.jpeg

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I'm a bit suspicious. Why would you need Sport and Sport Plus buttons on the centre console when you have the mode switch on the steering wheel?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:30 pm I'm a bit suspicious. Why would you need Sport and Sport Plus buttons on the centre console when you have the mode switch on the steering wheel?
Good catch
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:30 pm I'm a bit suspicious. Why would you need Sport and Sport Plus buttons on the centre console when you have the mode switch on the steering wheel?
Your attention to requirements and detail is fantastic Nick - a proper engineer :lol:
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960