Porsche order books temporarily closed amid WLTP changes

All your ordering information here!
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

It’s also interesting to note that prices for S/H diesels are increasing whilst those for petrol models are falling. 😡. And that HM Gov spokesman/minister is saying they still see diesel as part of the plan going forward.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Of course there is still going to be a demand for diesel, but don’t want to risk the manipulation risk. Iv read a few reports saying they the price for second hand diesels seem to be holding, and there are some bargains to be had for the lucky second hand owners.... shame about the first ones.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

I'm no techy but engines have continued to develop (at pace) since the introduction of the catalytic converter in the late 80s and early 90s. No-one seems to be complaining now on being down on power etc. Could it be that the new WLTP will allow the more creative (engineering minded manufacturers) to create some new technologies and or see the introduction of some of the (expensive) F1 technologies around combustion and fuel efficiency?
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I was going to order Macan No.3 (GTS No.2) in the next few weeks but might hang on now until there's a bit more clarity. We're already decided that the Cayman is a keeper as its the last normally aspirated 6 cylinder boxer Porsche produced and with PSE on equals many exotica on noise entertainment alone. The world is certainly changing and depending on your point of view not necessarily for the better.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Nosmo wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:14 pm I'm no techy but engines have continued to develop (at pace) since the introduction of the catalytic converter in the late 80s and early 90s. No-one seems to be complaining now on being down on power etc. Could it be that the new WLTP will allow the more creative (engineering minded manufacturers) to create some new technologies and or see the introduction of some of the (expensive) F1 technologies around combustion and fuel efficiency?
Absolutely. I think F1 and WEC are the perfect examples of tech innovation driven by ever tighter regulation. The other rather sad example is war!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Dandock wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:43 pm
Nosmo wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:14 pm I'm no techy but engines have continued to develop (at pace) since the introduction of the catalytic converter in the late 80s and early 90s. No-one seems to be complaining now on being down on power etc. Could it be that the new WLTP will allow the more creative (engineering minded manufacturers) to create some new technologies and or see the introduction of some of the (expensive) F1 technologies around combustion and fuel efficiency?
Absolutely. I think F1 and WEC are the perfect examples of tech innovation driven by ever tighter regulation. The other rather sad example is war!
:( but true.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

At least we drive fast cars to get away from it !
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊