How long to wait?

All your ordering information here!
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Had long phone conversation with SE this afternoon. The dealer believes the launch will be Paris which opens 4 October. If that’s the case I don’t see OPCs having any prior info.

I also read the June Autocar test of the pre-launch models. Their opinion, having driven the various derivatives and for what its worth, is that there’s very little difference between the S and the GTS except for the badge bragging rights. That of course remains to be seen. But they did talk of the Panny unit giving times +/- equivalent to the current GTS and a modest relative increase for both GTS and Turbo when they arrive.

OPC had no info re engines but agreed that the emissions ceiling was key and that the 2.9 Panny unit would fit.

OPCs are now taking Letters of Intent with a £1K deposit, which is a new departure, with the £2K balance due at point of order.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Paul wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:41 pm
MCDK wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:20 pm New S will be ok at holding value until the new GTS is released then it will effectively become a superseded model.
?? Don’t think that happened with phase 1......effectively £10K cheaper list price and slightly fewer annual sales in ‘17 and ‘18 makes it seem a good used prospect if specced right...
A good used prospect won't necessarily have been a good new buy. Good used prospect me as it has lost enough money to make it attractive. On Phase 1 Macans a petrol S will have lost more money than a GTS. Depends whether you are the first or second owner then which option is best but the OP was talking of buying a new Phase 2 S.
Skybudda

Post by Skybudda »

i ran the car configurator on the S and ran up 20k of options..I must rethink whats important..
Spud

Post by Spud »

After my conversation with the OPC I suspect you would be lucky to see the new GTS before the end of 2019
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Spud wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:10 pm After my conversation with the OPC I suspect you would be lucky to see the new GTS before the end of 2019
My conversation with OPC would echo that.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

MCDK wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:30 pm
MCDK wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:20 pm New S will be ok at holding value until the new GTS is released then it will effectively become a superseded model.
?? Don’t think that happened with phase 1......effectively £10K cheaper list price and slightly fewer annual sales in ‘17 and ‘18 makes it seem a good used prospect if specced right...
A good used prospect won't necessarily have been a good new buy. Good used prospect me as it has lost enough money to make it attractive. On Phase 1 Macans a petrol S will have lost more money than a GTS. Depends whether you are the first or second owner then which option is best but the OP was talking of buying a new Phase 2 S.
Interesting. My old S was back up for sale recently for £40K from an OPC so if they're making a margin of £5-6K that means that in 2 years its cost the previous owner around £20K in depreciation if they paid the asking price to the OPC I sold it to. I lost just under £4K in the 2 years I had it but then Petrol S Macans were rare and it was the start of Dieselgate when I sold it. So I think the second owner took the full hit on new car depreciation.

Conversely I reckon I've lost about £12-14K on my current GTS in 2 years so I would say that the GTS is a better prospect long term. But really who knows what the future holds with Brexit etc. it could all go pants very quickly.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Paul

Post by Paul »

Skybudda wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:57 pm i ran the car configurator on the S and ran up 20k of options..I must rethink whats important..
Ahhh, fond memories....!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Miopyk wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:13 pm
MCDK wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:30 pm

Interesting. My old S was back up for sale recently for £40K from an OPC so if they're making a margin of £5-6K that means that in 2 years its cost the previous owner around £20K in depreciation if they paid the asking price to the OPC I sold it to. I lost just under £4K in the 2 years I had it but then Petrol S Macans were rare and it was the start of Dieselgate when I sold it. So I think the second owner took the full hit on new car depreciation.

Conversely I reckon I've lost about £12-14K on my current GTS in 2 years so I would say that the GTS is a better prospect long term. But really who knows what the future holds with Brexit etc. it could all go pants very quickly.
When mentioned I have a Petrol S to the SE he most definitely stirred. Apparently they are awash with diesels but only have one Petrol. And there are currently only 9 across the entire OPC network. Bodes well?
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

It will be interesting to see how much the prices will rise when production commences.
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Mistertoad wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:02 pm It will be interesting to see how much the prices will rise when production commences.
LEDs being standard should maybe offset/justify some or all.

My SE also mentioned there will be a much longer option list.