2017/18 - Macan SD - sensible choice today?

All your ordering information here!
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Look out a nice lightly used GTS and you shouldn't loose a lot of money as the new model GTS won't appear for a long time.

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Great user name.... 😁
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Paul

Post by Paul »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:04 pm Great user name.... 😁
+1....but is he more Odball, or closer to Clint?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

The Xenon lights are pretty good but if you really want LEDs it is possible to upgrade xenon to LED - check out the tequipment site. It might be expensive, but if that is a deal breaker for you it might provide an alternative route to an SD with LEDs. You would also be able to see if you are happy with the xenons and then only upgrade if you are not. £2200 - here is the link: http://content3.eu.porsche.com/prod/pag ... country=gb
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Ian.g wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:09 pm The Xenon lights are pretty good but if you really want LEDs it is possible to upgrade xenon to LED - check out the tequipment site. It might be expensive, but if that is a deal breaker for you it might provide an alternative route to an SD with LEDs. You would also be able to see if you are happy with the xenons and then only upgrade if you are not. £2200 - here is the link: http://content3.eu.porsche.com/prod/pag ... country=gb
Good tip
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Kelly's Heroes wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:27 pm Thank you for all the replies. Given the mileage, and the possible DPF issues related to that + market hostility/residuals. Then I think going petrol maybe the safest bet..

So my only question now is I'm finding to find petrol one with my spec under £52k. Do just spend the extra £8k on ordering the new one!

Spec I want
Metallic or Grey
PASM
PDLS (preferably LED)
Panoramic Roof
Classic 21" alloy's in black
Rear blinds (not very keen on tinted as Porsche's looks way too dark for my tastes)
Heated Seats + Steering Wheel
Rear Camera
Bose

This is the closest I could find on Auto Trader.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... obcid=soc3
Whilst you have listed what are probably the most popular Extras if I was in the hunt for a Macan then the must haves on my list would be.

14/18 way seats - standard 8 way have a flat back and I found them very uncomfortable
PASM - a must have in any Macan, no PASM and everything is a compromise
Rear Cam - 3/4 view is dire hence a RevCam is a very big plus for safety
Xenon or LEDs - halogen are dire and should be avoided at all cost
PS+ - steering at parking speeds is heavy, assistance reduces to zero at normal speeds

Anything else would be a bonus.

From past experience here Pano, privacy glass, seat upgrades, revcam, light upgrades have been pretty well uniformily included in the specs, where an average total value of Extras has been about £9k-10k on the price of any Macan.

From your list the rear blinds are not a frequent inclusion, most go for the privacy glass and once inside you hardly notice the tint.

Standard sound system is pretty good.

PDLS is only part of the xenon system. LEDs get PDLS+ which adds extra turn lights.

Three zone heating was an extra until mid 2016 as was Connect and mobile phone preparation.

The central LCD and infotainment system was changed in mid 2016

A GTS has a better standard spec than an S and it would be my second preferred variant after a Turbo.

Avoid a 2.0 litre, it is a detuned Audi engine and has to be thrashed to keep up with traffic.

Hope this helps
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags