Macan used market - good time to sell now!

All your ordering information here!
Macan forum

Post by Macan forum »

Re: Miopyk above, do you mean 9 months from November 2018? I also have a deposit down and expecting the GTS to be launched no sooner than a year after the S, so late 2019 with deliveries in 2020. I’m only basing this on OPC advice, so would be interested to know if you’ve been advised otherwise.

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Macan forum wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:24 pm Re: Miopyk above, do you mean 9 months from November 2018? I also have a deposit down and expecting the GTS to be launched no sooner than a year after the S, so late 2019 with deliveries in 2020. I’m only basing this on OPC advice, so would be interested to know if you’ve been advised otherwise.
I was told this week, and as per Porsche website, orders are being taken from September. Having said this it doesn’t correspond with the idea of a Paris launch early October. So... give or take!
I was also told to expect deliveries of the 2ltr and S and ? about March/April 19 with as previously the GTS following approx 18 months later, so actually about October ‘20!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Dandock wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:01 pm
Macan forum wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:24 pm Re: Miopyk above, do you mean 9 months from November 2018? I also have a deposit down and expecting the GTS to be launched no sooner than a year after the S, so late 2019 with deliveries in 2020. I’m only basing this on OPC advice, so would be interested to know if you’ve been advised otherwise.
I was told this week, and as per Porsche website, orders are being taken from September. Having said this it doesn’t correspond with the idea of a Paris launch early October. So... give or take!
I was also told to expect deliveries of the 2ltr and S and ? about March/April 19 with as previously the GTS following approx 18 months later, so actually about October ‘20!
I was told by my SE that the Macan order book is now officially open. However, what I think he really means is pay your deposit and get in the queue. I don't want another Macan and was just making small talk with him. Guess the salesman in him saw an opportunity to push a sale and went for it. We ended the conversation with him telling me to get my deposit down on a Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid :shock:
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Sorry just read this. October/November 2019 was the earliest they are expecting .2 GTS availability. So pretty much the same as you've been told or there about's.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
RupiV

Post by RupiV »

Spoke to my OPC today (Hatfield). Said first deliveries for GTS are expected Feb/March 2020. He said that orders will start getting taken in late 2019. Not so different to comments above.
Volcano Grey Macan GTS, delivered July 2017
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

My dealer told me they already have a deposit in for a facelift GTS, guess that is just someone ensuring they are top of the queue and why not if they know they want one at that time.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

My local OPC called the other day, wanting to refill used stock and in particular, as you can't buy anything but a basic 2019 Macan new, the GTS/Turbo models are well sought after.

Offered me a price that wasn't at all bad for my Turbo and actually more than some private offers I'd had in the last couple of months.

Decided to keep though. There's nothing better out there, so a change will be a waste of money.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

With this being a mild facelift and an all new model coming by 2022, I can't see it will be anything close to a repeat of the initial Macan launch, when it was both an "all new" model for Porsche and in very short supply with up to a 2 year waiting list. It was a very different situation to now. But still should depreciate slowly relative to most alternatives.