SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

dyson ev.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

VanB wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:09 pm Believe the first Taycans to be released will be “base” models with faster models (more expensive) to be released subsequently. The faster models I’m sure will top £100k but first releases will be priced at an accessible starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope so, a genuine £65K Taycan with the performance quoted so far would be a nice option to consider. I just don't see it happening or being able to get one delivered this decade. But I'll certainly be enquiring.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Peteski wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:09 pm
VanB wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:09 pm Believe the first Taycans to be released will be “base” models with faster models (more expensive) to be released subsequently. The faster models I’m sure will top £100k but first releases will be priced at an accessible starting point.

Hope so, a genuine £65K Taycan with the performance quoted so far would be a nice option to consider. I just don't see it happening or being able to get one delivered this decade. But I'll certainly be enquiring.
Peteski, everything I’ve read points to the above. I suspect Porsche are desperate to get people into Taycans given the investment they’ve made. I’m watching with interest to see how this progresses as a well resolved Taycan could tempt me into a BEV
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Deleted User 1874

VanB wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:14 pm
Peteski wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Peteski, everything I’ve read points to the above. I suspect Porsche are desperate to get people into Taycans given the investment they’ve made. I’m watching with interest to see how this progresses as a well resolved Taycan could tempt me into a BEV
I've seen how a £60K iPace quickly becomes an £80K car without going overboard on options, so I'm not holding out much hope. If the base model really does come in at £60K and options can be sensibly kept under £10K then it could be a bargain. But I don't want to be waiting multiple years for one to be delivered either. If they can quote delivery in under a year then I'm seriously interested. I'll pop in the local OPC next week when I'm free for a chat and report back.

I was seriously considering a used BMW i8 as a fun second car (at around £50K) but this would be a more practical alternative for £10-20k more and brand spanking new. I think I'd probably choose it over a Tesla Model S too (especially as a second car), but I do have my reservations about public charging. If the Model 3 Performance is available in the UK before the Taycan (and I'm starting to think it will be), I'll probably get one of those and they should be closer to £50k.
VanB

Post by VanB »

I’m expecting a base Taycan with a few sensible options to come in around £80k as is the Porsche way

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

VanB wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:42 pm I’m expecting a base Taycan with a few sensible options to come in around £80k as is the Porsche way

I think that's about right, unless Porsche have really had a big re-think. As Peteski says, the bigger issue might be availability. If the Taycan looks as good as I think it will, we'll be in a GT3 scenario I think - so not technically a limited run production model, but the VIPs on OPCs' lists will definitely get first dabs! Us mere mortals may have to wait at least as long, if not longer than the early Macan days (well over a year). :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:53 pm
VanB wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:42 pm I’m expecting a base Taycan with a few sensible options to come in around £80k as is the Porsche way

I think that's about right, unless Porsche have really had a big re-think. As Peteski says, the bigger issue might be availability. If the Taycan looks as good as I think it will, we'll be in a GT3 scenario I think - so not technically a limited run production model, but the VIPs on OPCs' lists will definitely get first dabs! Us mere mortals may have to wait at least as long, if not longer than the early Macan days (well over a year). :geek:
I'm sure you are correct about early allocations but Porsche didn't invest £billions for this to be a limited run product. Personally, I am not sure I'd want a .1 version of Porsche's first foray into BEV production so happy to wait until the gremlins have been sorted and probably would want something other than the base in any case.
Deleted User 1874

VanB wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:58 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:53 pm

I'm sure you are correct about early allocations but Porsche didn't invest £billions for this to be a limited run product. Personally, I am not sure I'd want a .1 version of Porsche's first foray into BEV production so happy to wait until the gremlins have been sorted and probably would want something other than the base in any case.
I'd be more than happy with the base if it stays at 590 hp and has a real world range >200 miles. I expect the upgraded versions will have larger batteries and ever more extreme performance for a huge premium (like you see with Tesla P models). Also probably several more years away from sitting on your driveway unless you are on the VIP list or prepared to pay way over list.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

"I'd be more than happy with the base if it stays at 590 hp and has a real world range >200 miles. I expect the upgraded versions will have larger batteries and ever more extreme performance for a huge premium (like you see with Tesla P models). Also probably several more years away from sitting on your driveway unless you are on the VIP list or prepared to pay way over list."

+1 on both counts.

In reality, as (like Mike) I don't have a set up at home that would be convenient for home charging, I'll keep my little Carrera T for the foreseeable... ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

I think the base is likely to be around 400-450 hp which is why entry level pricing is so accessible