Should EVs have a specific look

All your ordering information here!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Peteski wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:41 pm
Dandock wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:35 pm But in any case we’re not comparing apples with apples. The Tesla will compete with Ferrari, Lamborghini et al and not an £80K everyday machine. The ethos and economics are totally different.
Good luck with an £80K Taycan. I can't see this thing being anything less than £120K in reality. Availability will no doubt be dire too. VIPs only I would suggest for the foreseeable future.
The talk a little while ago was the Taycan being positioned between the Panamera & 911 price-wise and size-wise.

So £80k would be about right, unless they've completely changed tack and are now pitching the Taycan at a GT3 to 911 Turbo price point. :?

Doubtless, being Porsche, you could probably option a base £80k car up to around £120k if you really tried! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:29 pm
Dandock wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:35 pm But in any case we’re not comparing apples with apples. The Tesla will compete with Ferrari, Lamborghini et al and not an £80K everyday machine. The ethos and economics are totally different.
Good luck with an £80K Taycan. I can't see this thing being anything less than £120K in reality. Availability will no doubt be dire too. VIPs only I would suggest for the foreseeable future.
The talk a little while ago was the Taycan being positioned between the Panamera & 911 price-wise and size-wise.

So £80k would be about right, unless they've completely changed tack and are now pitching the Taycan at a GT3 to 911 Turbo price point. :?

Doubtless, being Porsche, you could probably option a base £80k car up to around £120k if you really tried! ;)
It’s still a long way from Tesla Coupe territory.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

I suppose it depends on whether or not they choose to sell it at a loss. I can't see how they could produce it for £80K without cutting corners. That's iPace, lower end Tesla sort of money. Nice if they do, but I'm not expecting it to be under £100K and probably considerably more. I guess we should see soon. Any idea when can you order one and when you might get it? I thought it was supposed to be available this year?
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Peteski wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:02 pm

I suppose it depends on whether or not they choose to sell it at a loss. I can't see how they could produce it for £80K without cutting corners. That's iPace, lower end Tesla sort of money. Nice if they do, but I'm not expecting it to be under £100K and probably considerably more. I guess we should see soon. Any idea when can you order one and when you might get it? I thought it was supposed to be available this year?
Autoexpress were saying starters between £60 & £70 - and thats always been the rumoured figure. Orders are being taken now, i believe, with delivery expected late '19.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Deleted User 1874

Dandock wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Autoexpress were saying starters between £60 & £70 - and thats always been the rumoured figure. Orders are being taken now, i believe, with delivery expected late '19.
I've heard that before too and I simply don't believe it. IF they are £60K I'll order one up asap. Will enquire at the OPC and see what they have to say.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Peteski wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:00 pm
Dandock wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:14 pm

I've heard that before too and I simply don't believe it. IF they are £60K I'll order one up asap. Will enquire at the OPC and see what they have to say.
Could be just a rolling chassis! :lol:
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

As the Merc and the iPace are around the same mark maybe Tesla are simply expensive.
Deleted User 1874

Dandock wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:42 pm As the Merc and the iPace are around the same mark maybe Tesla are simply expensive.
My Tesla was actually cheaper on PCP than a similarly specced iPace and it's a full class size larger. No idea about the Merc, but the EV drivetrain looks decidedly average (they were even questioning it in What Car? this month). But I thought Porsche would be looking to position themselves higher than any of these offerings, not competing directly on price. The top end Tesla "P" models are very pricey indeed, but they do have the performance to go with it. I don't see anything to rival those yet.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Believe the first Taycans to be released will be “base” models with faster models (more expensive) to be released subsequently. The faster models I’m sure will top £100k but first releases will be priced at an accessible starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Col M wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:31 pm Indeed they should
:lol:
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR