2l or S - and what should I spec?

All your ordering information here!
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Transferred to new post on behalf of Stanley246 as suggested by Col Lamb

G/Day Forum

About to place an order for a 2019 Macan , now the the decision is the should I purchase a 2 Ltr or the v6 S ? ......my worry is I do like to drive enthusiastically ( but within the law) would the four cly be underpowered ?

Now although lm still undecided,I have a provisional order contract with my local dealer for a 2019 Macan S (update model) for hopeful delivery ro Oz in April 19 Ive listed the add ons and wondered if one of You’s could advise if there something I’ve missed ( and also answer my 2 Ltr 3 Ltr decision)

Black Garnet two tone leather
Titled tail lights for the new rear lights design
Panoramic roof
Sport design exterior mirrors
Sport exhaust with black tail pipes
21 inch sport classic wheels in black
Adaptive sport seats
Red seat belts
Porsche crest embossed head rest
Bose sound system

Rgs Alan
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S

Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Stand by for a barrage, something along the lines of...

GTS best (but new model not yet available) so...

Turbo (with PP) if you can afford it
S is good if budget does not stretch to Turbo
2l as last resort...not because it is bad but because there are better options if your budget allows due to reasons of performance, ride and depreciation.

It would be the "S" for me from what you have outlined.

There are numerous other threads available regarding options, so stand by for a similar bewildering barrage of "suggestions" (they like to spend your money on this site😂😂). Some initial thoughts on that:

What is your preferred colour?
Spare wheel?
PASM/Air
LED/PDLS + in black
Auto dimming mirrors
Park assist with (minimum) reversing camera
Heated windscreen
Seat heating
Heated steering wheel
Smokers pack
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Welcome Alan, it depends on your budget and your patience to wait for the engine that you want. Your dealer in Oz should be able to give you a better idea of lead times for your market.

Also somewhat dependant on how you will be using your Macan. For example - mainly high speed medium to long distance driving or predominantly local short trips. Also the state of your roads - here PASM as a minimum or Air if on rough / loose surfaces a lot.

The beauty of a Porsche is that you can specify to your individual preferences and wallet capacity!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
VanB

Post by VanB »

If your budget allows then anything BUT the 2.0 if you ever intend to drive it like a Porsche! Nothing wrong with the 2.0 unit in itself (or in a Golf!) but it will struggle to handle the weight of the car if you ever want to go for a spirited drive. It's also not as frugal as you might expect as it is working harder than the more powerful engines.

There are plenty of posts about options but, despite what you might read, there are no "must have" options and it is all down to personal preference and what you can justify affording. Spec the car for you as you are the one going to be driving it.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome again.

As a spirited driver there are some Must Haves in any Macan you should have to maximise performance and handling, namely:-
PASM
21” wheels
18 way seats
Sports Chrono.

The above are (or were on pre-facelifted S and base variants) the Extras on base and S models that anyone wanting to maximise the performance and handling of their Macan includes, as they are standard on the GTS and Turbo models that should tell you about their worth.

The rest if your Spec is good but do take note of what Ray suggests particularly if you will be using your Macan in the colder places in Oz.

Do note that the PSE is an aural performance item only, it has zero effect on performance, with most of the sound anyway being generated by a speaker (sorry resonator) attached to the chassis, at constant speed it drones very badly and the switch to turn it off is a great and frequently used part of the system. It is standard in a GTS so for me PSE in a GTS is a £1600 inclusion I would not want.

As for the 2.0 litre, forget it, its way to underpowered as it needs its neck wringing to extract maximum performance.

If budget allows then a Turbo is the one to go for and if it has air suspension it gives handling on a par with a standard GTS but it will blow off a GTS on a straight with ease.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
VanB

Post by VanB »

I would reiterate that there are no "must haves" as this is purely the opinion of the poster and you need to spec what is right for you. By all means take a consensus of opinion from Macan owners about what they absolutely would and wouldn't spec again to get a feel for what you might like to include in your spec and decide from there.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

I was looking at the 2.0L at first too... i ended up with the Turbo!!!!
I do alot of motorway driving, and i wanted the luxury comfort cruiser - but also have the great handle and power....

The item is tend to use the most are the following:-

LED headlights - looks great and great to look at!!
Air suspension
PAS Cruise control - BEST EVER on motorways!! If you get lane assist too - you are partially self driving!! i havent got it so i dont actually know!
Comfort package with dipping mirrors - very handy!!
Surround view - Very handy!!

I have a few more items but to be honest i hardly use them.
Sport plus - i retrofitted them - but used the button about 10 times at most!

Good Luck in your selection.... it really depends on the type of journeys you make most of your time in the car......
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:23 pm As a spirited driver there are some Must Haves in any Macan you should have to maximise performance and handling, namely:-
PASM
21” wheels
18 way seats
Sports Chrono.

The above are (or were on pre-facelifted S and base variants) the Extras on base and S models that anyone wanting to maximise the performance and handling of their Macan includes, as they are standard on the GTS and Turbo models that should tell you about their worth...
Neither the GTS or Turbo had 21” wheels as standard kit. :geek:

Many found seats other than the 18-ways best for them, including some sporty drivers. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Ray G wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:28 am Transferred to new post on behalf of Stanley246 as suggested by Col Lamb

G/Day Forum

About to place an order for a 2019 Macan , now the the decision is the should I purchase a 2 Ltr or the v6 S ? ......my worry is I do like to drive enthusiastically ( but within the law) would the four cly be underpowered ?

Now although lm still undecided,I have a provisional order contract with my local dealer for a 2019 Macan S (update model) for hopeful delivery ro Oz in April 19 Ive listed the add ons and wondered if one of You’s could advise if there something I’ve missed ( and also answer my 2 Ltr 3 Ltr decision)

Black Garnet two tone leather
Titled tail lights for the new rear lights design
Panoramic roof
Sport design exterior mirrors
Sport exhaust with black tail pipes
21 inch sport classic wheels in black
Adaptive sport seats
Red seat belts
Porsche crest embossed head rest
Bose sound system

Rgs Alan
All I will say is, please don't buy a 2.0litre if you like driving. I've driven them all and it is the one Macan model that is underwhelming! My opinion and I'm sticking to it before all you 2.0litre owners wade in! :lol:
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Are there any cold places in Oz🤔 I know the max speed limit is shit but although it's a SUV it's still a Porsche, so no 2 litre, that's just as bad as having a diesel 😖 you have gotta get some kick in it or you may as well buy a Kia Sportage, or any of the numerous crap SUV's that are on the market when compared to a decent 3 or plus 3 litre "petrol" Macan 😉 New facelift date for the bigger engines not yet announced, but worth the wait.
Last edited by MikeM on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6