My order / Storage pack / Connect Plus / Colours vs Marketing

All your ordering information here!
xtiger

Post by xtiger »

Hello all - I'm new to the forum, based in Belgium. I am translating while I type from Dutch to English, so forgive any wrong terminology used. Apologies for the long post.

Just ordered the 2019 Macan, the base 2L as it's a leasing and had to take taxes in mind. It will be well equipped.
It's going to be my first Porsche. Very excited! ETA first week April.
My config:
  • 2.0 245 HP
    Dolomit silver metallic
    19 Inch Macan S alloys
    Adaptive Cruise Control with traffic jam assist and PASM (I was told that also is included though it is not specifically mentioned)
    Panoramic sunroof
    Half leather (Black / Garnet Red)
    Privacy glass
    Towbar (electric / hidden)
    Roof rails and bars
    Rear cam with park assist
    Heated front seats
    Power steering
    75L fuel tank upgrade
    14 way electric comfort seats
    Air suspension
Did not make the cut (had a leasing max.), smokers package to cover the black hole, sport exhaust system, storage pack.

1. Storage pack – yes/no?

There was one option I needed to leave to stay within the monthly leasing budget, the 'storage option' , this apparently would consist out of 'nets' on the back of the front seats, storage 'drawer' under front seats, net under the trunk ‘plank’ and trunk organiser. (?)
I could go to the garage and pay for it separately upfront and have it added to the production (while not in the leasing calculation). It about 250 Euro. Question is, is it worth it?
If I am not mistaking the 14 way seats already have the back nets, I do not see why I need a net under the trunk plank and if there is (mixed info) a trunk organiser I always find these things taking away more space. It’s just the drawer I am interested in, sunglasses, fuel/parking cards.
Does anyone have a picture of it looks outside / inside? I can’t seem to find any picture from this option. Also in the Porsche Centre they didn’t have any car who had it.
Is the mid console big enough to store 2 sun glass cases, chargers, cards, mints …
I now drive an x4 who has a little compartment left from the steering wheel (EU drive), and it is quite convenient for sunglasses and cars. But spending 250 on it? Not sure.

2. Porsche Connect Plus
I’ve never owned a Porsche, no experience with Porsche connect plus. Where can I read up on it? Can you install any app like Waze, Spotify, YouTube on it?

3. Colours
After owning 3 black cars I know said it was time for a ‘silver’ one. I think you see less on it (dirt, little scratches, etc). So I chose Dolomite silver. But the color I really really like is the color that is used in all the marketing pictures of the new Macan (i.e. https://files1.porsche.com/filestore/ga ... -zoom2.jpg) my dealer keeps saying that is Dolomite Silver. But I have the impression this one is a bit darker? Definity not as dark as Volcano Grey, but I just have a feeling the color on the pictures is not Dolomite Silver. Does anyone know?

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know if it's different on the Belgium Configurator but in the UK PASM is not included as part of Adaptive Cruise Control with Traffic Jam Assist. However, it is part of the Air Suspension option you've ticked so no worries.

Unless you plan to carry items in the boot of the car that will always slide around, I don't think the Storage Pack is worth having. You'll certainly be able to get the sun glasses etc in the console. In my car the sun glasses sit in the glove box but all the other items on your list are in the console and there is space to spare.

Can't help you with Porsche Connect Plus. It wasn't an option when I bought mine. Dolomite Silver is a new colour and I've no idea what it looks like.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

If you just want to stop things sliding around in the boot, then one of these will do the job:

Owfeel Cargo Net Flexible Nylon Rear Cargo Organizer Car Trunk Storage Net Black For Most Types of Cars
Sold by Owfeel ®
Fulfilled by Amazon

net.jpg

It clips onto the 4 x chrome D-rings in the Macan boot floor.
Cost is £9 in the UK including delivery.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

connect plus is definite for me.... if you are thinking of owning the car for more than 2 years.... because you can get all updates over the air... my car haven't got it and i wanted to retrofit it - but it cost over £1500!!

Waze, Spotify, all the apps can be connected via the iphone... because it should have carplay....
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
andreas

Post by andreas »

I just keep a couple of cheap collapsible plastic crates in the boot to put odd parcels in.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
andreas

Post by andreas »

Connect Plus is impenetrably complicated, and nobody seems to know exactly what it might do, or might not do. The details on the Porsche website are so confusing. I paid Vodafone for the first year, and I've now been asked to renew. Not sure whether to or not - it's £266 for the next year. I suppose the tracker service may be worth having. I don't use the Google satellite imaging (although I thought I would). I'm not interested in the various news/weather apps. The real-time traffic info on the satnav is useful, but I don't know whether I could get that by just plugging my own SIM card into the car. The smartphone Car Connect app is OK, but rather gimmicky.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
happy days

Post by happy days »

I thought cruise control was illegal in Belgium?
Macan S D
718 S
xtiger

Post by xtiger »

Wow, no I have never heard of that, all my previous cars had it. Also almost everyoen I know have cruise control. It's almost a standard option even on the majority of cars sold here.
You sometimes see road sign with 'forbidden for cruise control' that is usually on highways where there are road works. Mostly truckers are targetted by this so they don't drive into the back of a road works traffic jam
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

happy days wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:26 am I thought cruise control was illegal in Belgium?
There used to be stretches with signs stopping you using it. I don't see though how it can be made illegal though. Seems counter intuitive too especially with the rise of (semi) autonomous cruise control systems
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18