Is this True?

All your ordering information here!
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

If I was in your position I think I would be looking at buying a 2016 or 2017 GTS as there are a few more for sale and they have lost a bit more money. At the same time tell a dealer you want to be put on the list for their first facelift GTS which will likely arrive early 2020. You won't loose a packet on the 16/17 GTS when you sell at that time and step into your brand new facelift GTS which again should be pretty solid residual wise.

nozydog

Post by nozydog »

Skybudda wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:07 pm Hi, am recetly in market for 2018 GTS (i decided yesterday). There are only 3 on PH and a few private on Autotrader. 66k dealer and 63k private. This is not good dynamics for a buyer and awesome for the sellers! I'm ok with the supply and demand. It is what it is. However, dealer says they are flying off the shelves and prices are equal to or greater than list.. 'i can only hold it for you for 24 hours' and other such sales patter Is that true? Is it simply where we are with lack of new car production?
Also, I don't know for example if 'chrono package' comes with GTS as standard so cant 'build' my own to compare as configurator is only for base model. By example, the dealer is not prepared to reduce this by a penny. https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... dk/9240647. Would this be a list price if you add up the options? Below or above?
What to do...
I found the same when looking for an S... main dealers selling year old cars for well in excess (and I'm talking thousands) of basic list price, I assume because these cars are fully loaded (with many option I wouldn't choose myself) I've decided that, for me, I'd rather have a brand new car, lightly specced for the same or even less than a used car highly specced by someone else with many options I don't need (that option doesn't make sense to me)

I'm waiting for the (LCi) S to come on the configurator, which shouldn't be too long, then I'll price up a new car... I only want a wheel upgrade, heated sports seats, metallic paint and auto dim mirrors.... So a new car for me could save me thousands over a heavily optioned used car!

I'm afraid I just don't get why anyone would pay new price for a used car!!! I guess while the GTS is not currently available new then used ones will remain very expensive until the LCI is introduced... personally the S is plenty powerful enough for me, and with the right options (to most people) won't look any different to a GTS!!
Funrider

Post by Funrider »

+1 with Col above
Suggest you don’t discount the Turbo.
After 3 years in a S Diesel, this May I’d decided to wait for a Macan2 GTS in 2019 ( now looking like 2020) until I tried a late 2016/3.5k miles Turbo at my OPC.
Heavily loaded with options that I (mostly) would have chosen, as a used purchase it was compelling. Am very pleased with it.

I hadn’t ever seriously considered a new Turbo due to the higher cost new - but suggest you at least consider a used one, rather than defaulting to the more common GTS.
2016 Macan Turbo Jet Black PPF /Saddle Brown full leather/Walnut 18way heated Pano Connect +2 Surround cameras Air/PASM 21 Black Classics /20 SportDesign
2015 SD Macan sold 3yr/54k. Sapphire
Past: Mexico Mk1, 205GTI (3x),Integrale 8v, Scooby Impreza STI,
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

VanB wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:39 pm Dealer has a decent chunk of wriggle room built into the price and you should be able to negotiate at least a £1,500 discount or other goodies to a similar value.

No discount on Porsche is a myth with the exception of a new build facelift Macan
Are you sure about this? I know in the states there are discounts to be had, but on UK forums I've never heard of anyone getting a material discount on a new Porsche! By material I mean more than 1%... apart from maybe old stock already on the lot and just before a facelift is due!

I'm looking to buy new but in about a years time when facelift is no longer new... sure I will attempt to haggle (and I am very good, got around 25% off my last two BMW's) but I don't hold out much hope... but then what you lose by getting no discount you gain on the amazing residual values... so you win in the end!! I'll also pay cash (plus part ex) so will save any interest!
Skybudda

Post by Skybudda »

hi, ideally i would have specced an S with all the sports package stuff to turn the bodywork into what GTS has as standard (for the premium of a GTS of course..). Did look at Turbos too but only a few of those around too and a bit out of budget. Once you filter 'S' by petrol the available pool reduces dramatically. Not buying diesel so i'm left with less choice (my fault i know). I do like the GTS interior with the red stitching and alcantara door and seat trim. Anyway, todays the day. have some plates spinning so we'll see what happens. Noted on Dealer not spinning yarns. I don't doubt these are in demand. thanks for the all the comments.
Skybudda

Post by Skybudda »

dealer just gave me this..
'Autoglym Lifeshine treatment at no additional cost, this would normally retail at £499 and is extremely popular with Porsche customers'
plus rubber mats, plus bootliner, free delivery and full tank.
sounds fair to me. No movement on my PX (anyone want to buy a Q3 in the next 3 hours??)

So Autoglym Lifeshine. Would anyone actually buy this as an option rather than accept as a freebie?
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Lifeshine isn't worth anything, so getting it for free is about right. It's basically someone washing your car for you.

Personally I would refuse Lifeshine on the basis that it would likely do more harm (because of the person applying it) than good, but then not everyone would agree with me!

You can buy the whole Lifeshine kit for about £10 on eBay.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Skybudda

Post by Skybudda »

CharlesElliott wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:48 am Lifeshine isn't worth anything, so getting it for free is about right. It's basically someone washing your car for you.

Personally I would refuse Lifeshine on the basis that it would likely do more harm (because of the person applying it) than good, but then not everyone would agree with me!

You can buy the whole Lifeshine kit for about £10 on eBay.
oh dear, really? That's not good. Maybe i don't want it then. hmm. ok.
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

My GTS now on Swindon approved list - £66,950!! Less than a grand less than I paid
Macan
Taycan Turbo
Midasman15

Post by Midasman15 »

My 18 plate GTS is going into Cardiff on Dec 14th, pm me if you want details.
Midas
VG GTS gone, Grey GTS here but prefer the VG colour :(