Is this True?

All your ordering information here!
martinw

Post by martinw »

Basically it was owned for 6 months by a farmer. Nothing wrong with that of course (it even has a towing bar). The drivers door had taken a bit of a hammering with him getting in and out. The leather had some dents in it and the trim (driver and passenger) had a slight dent in it too. All replaced at the dealer’s cost. If I’m paying “as new” it had basically better be “as new” and fair play the dealer swallowed the costs. There was also a scratch in the windscreen that they had polished out, a few stone chips up front and on rear bumper were sorted, among other (small) things ;)

VanB

Post by VanB »

Dealer has a decent chunk of wriggle room built into the price and you should be able to negotiate at least a £1,500 discount or other goodies to a similar value.

No discount on Porsche is a myth with the exception of a new build facelift Macan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

If you are prepared to go back to 2017 there are 10 on the Porsche website. Might be worth a look if you haven't already.
Skybudda

Post by Skybudda »

Hi, am interested in 2018 really. It does worry me not seeing the car before I pay for it. All those potential ‘farmer’ issues that won’t be apparent until it’s on my drive. Dealer says he is not negotiating a penny. Doesnt need to (guv!). What non car add ons could I perhaps ask for (he is delivering it for free btw)?
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Common to get a set of (drink) glasses, coffee cups etc.
Full tank of fuel, if you twist their arm, but probably shitty watered down supermarket fuel!
Borders biscuits.
If you are part exchanging, you can generally negotiate a bit on the price of the other car (I did, successfully, twice).

But discount is difficult when there is a line of 50 people behind you willing to pay the full price.
If they're trying to shift old stock that nobody wants, then of course the discounts are available, if you press.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

A set of rubber floor mats for winter perhaps?

As goron says, not likely to get much else. These cars are in high demand particularly with the factory shutdown, so the dealer isn’t spinning you a yarn.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Does your deal include 12 months road tax?
Full tank of premium fuel when it's at your home, not when it leaves the dealership.
Good luck!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

The previous owner will have had a refund of their outstanding tax so it’s worth checking how long the dealer will tax it for.

If buying from Cardiff, as the OP suggests, I would expect them to be pretty fair to deal with. They are are part of the Dick Lovett group which does have a good reputation.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Just yesterday, I px my 2018 plate GTS, carmine etc etc 10k miles for a Cayenne with Swindon - not on their website yet. I lost about 12%, going on for a couple of £k less than list (£65k v. 67k)
Macan
Taycan Turbo
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Why are you looking just at a GTS?

Expand your search and many more Macans will become available.

Yes the GTS handles well but it is not head and shoulders better than the standard suspension of the S and Turbo. GTS has more bling that is certain.

At the PEC the only thing GTS drivers saw was the Turbo I was driving catching them up, passing them and dissapearing into the distance such is the awersome way the Turbo delivers its power.

A Turbo PP is the ultimate Macan, the best handling and 80 horses more than the GTS so what is not to like about either Turbo variants?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags