Is this True?

All your ordering information here!
Skybudda

Post by Skybudda »

Hi, am recetly in market for 2018 GTS (i decided yesterday). There are only 3 on PH and a few private on Autotrader. 66k dealer and 63k private. This is not good dynamics for a buyer and awesome for the sellers! I'm ok with the supply and demand. It is what it is. However, dealer says they are flying off the shelves and prices are equal to or greater than list.. 'i can only hold it for you for 24 hours' and other such sales patter Is that true? Is it simply where we are with lack of new car production?
Also, I don't know for example if 'chrono package' comes with GTS as standard so cant 'build' my own to compare as configurator is only for base model. By example, the dealer is not prepared to reduce this by a penny. https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... dk/9240647. Would this be a list price if you add up the options? Below or above?
What to do...

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

It doesn't surprise me given that GTSs are generally newer so probably not so many up for sale yet, and the facelifted one isn't expected until late 2019. For 'most people' the GTS is also considered the sweet spot.

GTS did not come with Sports Chrono as standard.

It's a similar spec to mine, although mine has Connect+, BOSE, air suspension and was approx £70K - so I would say this one is around list price for the spec, or maybe even a bit above.

GTS standard / no cost option
20-inch RS Spyder Design wheels,
Brushed aluminium interior package in black,
Roof rails painted in black
Sideblades painted in exterior colour

Extra
Carmine Red seat belts + Instrument dial rev counter painted (Carmine Red)
Driver memory package
LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
Light comfort package (i.c.w driver memory package comfort memory package or adaptive Sports seats with comfort memory package),
Panoramic roof system,
ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera,
Privacy glass,
Seat heating (front),
Smoking package
Sport Chrono Package
Storage package
Last edited by CharlesElliott on Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I assume 'Carmine Red seat belts + Instrument dial rev counter painted (Carmine Red)' also means that it has the GTS interior, which comes with these things plus red stitching, although it doesn't say that specifically.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Similar spec to mine, and yes, that’s about what I paid back in Sept ‘16!

The GTS interior, as Charles says, was a very expensive option and Carmine was a ”special” colour at £1600!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Forgot that Carmine was a special colour, so that probably makes the price about list.
Skybudda

Post by Skybudda »

Thanks for the swift replies. Wow. Ok. Great for owners looking to sell. They sent me a video of the car. It has alcantara door trim and double stitching in red. looks nice. No BOSE upgrade. Not sure I have ever bought a second car for list..one dealer said 2018 GTS’s are rarer than hens teeth and they are sold without the dealer having to do anything. Hmph! Anyway, my choice obviously. I’ll see if he can at least though in a teddy for my boy..
martinw

Post by martinw »

I paid “as new” price for my 6 month old GTS (£67K) with lots of options, over a year ago.

I also went slightly overboard making sure it was “as new” with the dealer ;)

Couldn’t have been happier with my choice.

4F381EFC-ABCA-439A-AE2A-2B46FD4F8735.jpeg

They are VERY special cars 🚗
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

The GTS interior consisted of full leather or leather with alcantara, contrast stitching in red or silver throughout, GTS embroidery on headrests, red or silver seatbelts (except rear centre belt), and red or silver rev counter.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Here are pictures from my car, showing some of the options (but I have leather rather than Alcantara Centres).

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5239&p=106086#p106086
Skybudda

Post by Skybudda »

Thanks everyone. #chaleselliot. Superb list. Thanks. #martinw thanks for posting Pik. When you say you made sure it was ‘as new with the dealer’ what did you mean? My dealer is very nice and is offering to drive it circa 200 miles to my place and pick up a PX for the return leg. I’m resigned to the price but is there any other benefit that I should try and ask for? I haven’t bought Porsche before and the lack of negotiation power is rather a new feeling in car buying. Thanks!