What the hell is going on?

All your ordering information here!
Tailpipe

Post by Tailpipe »

I am ready to trade-in my two-year old Macan GTS for a new one.

Just one problem, I can't order the existing model and there's no sign of the upgraded one.

There no news on the face-lifted S model, nor the Turbo. Only the 4-cylinder model is available to order at this time.

The factory was closed from April. I don't know whether production has recommenced. I know this is all about WLPT emission standards in the wake of Dieselgate, but someone is deliberately crucifying the VW Group. Quite unbelievable. I've never seen anything like this.

Anyone know more about this?

Paul

Post by Paul »

Ordering just opened on facelift for early ‘19 delivery (with a few factory specced “specials” for immediate ish delivery)
S and Turbo models follow Q1/ Q2...
GTS probably won’t be launched until a good year or more into facelift production (like the last one) so late ‘19 / early ‘20 for a new GTS
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Looks like you should have been logging in here more often. None of that is news to us.

The good news is that your current car has held money extremely well due to the issues you mention.
Tailpipe

Post by Tailpipe »

@Macanano

Thanks very much!

@MCDK

True, I'm not a regular forum contributor. But I do appreciate knowledge and insight that comes from the Macon community. In any event, my Macan certainly remains the best car I have ever owned bar none.