New Cayenne - order

All your ordering information here!
mavg1986

Post by mavg1986 »

Hi all,

I have now had the order of my Cayenne in the system since April and due to the factory shutdown and WLTP it looks like my order will be locked down mid-Jan with production somewhere in March for delivery in June.

With so much back/forth and the horrible confuserator (can't understand why the UK is the only system without the updated colours, specs, etc for 2019 - USA, all of Europe updated), I have decided on the following spec:

- 3.0 Base Cayenne
- Moonlight Blue
- Black/Mojave Beige Interior
- Wheels: 21 Cayenne RS Spyder design
- Panoramic Roof
- Privacy Glass
- Compass display on dashboard
- Heated front seats
- Loadspace management system (for the dog)
- Steering wheel heating (just added following help below)

I keep kicking myself as well about the rear seat airbags (welcome views) and Bose.

What is everyone's view? This car is pretty much at my top budget at the time. I almost went into X3 M40i fully spec'd due to the delays but ended up deciding a Cayenne (with less spec) would be much nicer than the BMW.
Last edited by mavg1986 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deposit paid: Cayenne 3.0
Current: Audi Q7 272hp (2016)/ SQ5 (2015)
Weekend: 911 Carrera 4 (1999)
Daily: BMW i3 (2016)

MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

mavg1986 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:25 pm Hi all,

I have now had the order of my Cayenne in the system since April and due to the factory shutdown and WLTP it looks like my order will be locked down mid-Jan with production somewhere in March for delivery in June.

With so much back/forth and the horrible confuserator (can't understand why the UK is the only system without the updated colours, specs, etc for 2019 - USA, all of Europe updated), I have decided on the following spec:

- 3.0 Base Cayenne
- Moonlight Blue
- Panoramic Roof
- Privacy Glass
- Heated front seats

I keep kicking myself as well about the rear seat airbags (welcome views) and Bose.

What is everyone's view? This car is pretty much at my top budget at the time. I almost went into X3 M40i fully spec'd due to the delays but ended up deciding a Cayenne (with less spec) would be much nicer thant the BMW.
Nice sensible spec - Bose and airbags a personal choice so I wouldn't have strong views either way. Things I would add:

Power steering plus - nicely lightens steering at low speeds and low cost option
PASM or air suspension - I like having dampers for comfort and tightening up when in the mood.
Automatic dimming mirrors and wipers - should be standard on a car like this
Reversing Camera - its a big car so will be useful

I know I've added another 2k to your price but if you can add then it will certainly make the car even better and probably will make it more desirable used.

I've driven a Cayenne S and it was an excellent car and dare I say it better to drive than the Macan!

Good choice - stay away from the Beemer!
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

:o
What no heated steering wheel.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Scott Cowan

Post by Scott Cowan »

mavg1986 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:25 pm Hi all,

- 3.0 Base Cayenne
- Moonlight Blue
- Panoramic Roof
- Privacy Glass
- Heated front seats

What is everyone's view? This car is pretty much at my top budget at the time. I almost went into X3 M40i fully spec'd due to the delays but ended up deciding a Cayenne (with less spec) would be much nicer than the BMW.
Nice Colour combo and wheel choice!
I too have a new base Cayenne due for delivery in March with early January lockdown to replace my ageing X5. Air suspension is lovely... but I intend to tow, so it made sense. Not necessary otherwise, but PASM almost a must.
On the subject of Bose.. there is a thread on the rennlist forum with a number of people saying that the standard system is better than expected.
I missed Power Steering plus on my previous Cayenne. The steering is quite heavy without it at slow speeds.
Would agree with MacanArif on the rest.
Manual 992 GT3 Touring (due January 2024)
2014 LR Defender 110 JE Engineering restomod 4.8L V8
BMW 330E (my wife's car)
Macan Turbo
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

I was a newbie to Porsche and its options when I got into a Macan. What I found though is that the base car needs a bit on the options list. Same goes for them all, especially the Cayenne.

That spec needs PASM or air suspension, it needs surround view or at least a rear view camera, soft options like heated seats/steering wheel, upgraded sound system, and I would go for sports exhaust or some external styling bits.
Last edited by GMAN75 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Add heated steering wheel and auto-dimming mirrors. (Auto wipers are standard.)

Personally I wouldn’t opt for Bose, privacy glass or sun roof. Have had a pano roof on a few loaners and not really noticed it.

There, saved you some £££s! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:16 pm :o
I'm with Col on this one. Cheap as chips and the option I use more than 6 months of the year...
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Trosley

Post by Trosley »

Definitely would add the heated steering wheel and the Bose is fantastic in the Cayenne. Not sure about the privacy glass, I have them and mine is also moonlight blue. I specified black window trims instead of the standard chrome, which look really good, but this option seems to have been dropped from the current confuserator? Although I haven't driven a Cayenne without power steering plus I would definitely hedge my bets and spec this since the steering is an absolute joy!
Previous: Macan SD 2014
Current: Cayenne S 2018
mavg1986

Post by mavg1986 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:16 pm :o
Went into to sign the order form today and the dealer had the steering wheel ticked. Decided to leave it so one more option :lol:
mavg1986

Post by mavg1986 »

couple of other questions, has anyone heard the new Sport Exhaust system on the base model?
(guess it is not this one because of the tailpipes)

I had a GLC43amg in the past and loved the noise it made, so thinking whether it would enhance the experience much. Although agree this is a SUV and doesn't need that.

I agree re PASM and will consider it if circumstances change between now and lock-date.

Lastly I have gone with the normal 8 way seats but if upgrading will probably go with sports - what is the view on this, especially the ones with sports seats as a choice