Macan Exterior Colours - Dec 2018

All your ordering information here!
Caster

Post by Caster »

Just knocked this chart up which might be of use to those choosing an exterior colour.

Macan Colours.jpg

Last edited by Caster on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Thank you! :)

I would like to be able to spec GT Silver under the PTS. Not sure if that's possible. (not that I am looking :lol: )
The Dolomite Silver still looks like it's got a blueish tint in some outdoor photos.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Caster

Post by Caster »

Thanks Semerka.

Just getting my head round these PTS colours - are they basically any colour you roll up with and give them a sample of, "extra" colours that Porsche use/have used before (maybe on other models), colours Porsche have a sample of or a mixture of all three etc?
Dave

bloosoo

Post by bloosoo »

The colour has to have been 'approved' for use on that model. Other than that yes pretty much any previously used colour. It does add a significant wait to the order and you may find some hidden costs in addition to the extra paint charge. In my case I had to have a reverse camera. Even though I did not want one. The reason given was that the paint colour I had chose, riviera blue, is an old colour and used to be a very thick paint. In order to achieve the true depth of colour nowadays it requires more paint. Apparently this will affect the reversing sensors hence the requirements for the reversing camera. Which I then had to pay for of course😁
Macan GTS Aetna Blue (March 2023)

Macan GTS Riviera Blue (Nov 2017) sold

GT3 Crayon (Nov 2022)
Caster

Post by Caster »

Thanks Bloosoo + sorry to hear re your extra camera costs.

Presumably that means someone like Katie Price can't just come along and order a pink one then - unless it's been used on a Macan before or she gets it approved for use on one.
Dave

bloosoo

Post by bloosoo »

Yes Porsche maintain control that is until someone wraps it of course πŸ˜‰

GT3 Crayon (Nov 2022)
bloosoo

Post by bloosoo »

I would also add that you have to do all the work. There are no easy paint sample cards to choose from. It involves trawling old photos. Visiting shows to see the colour in the flesh and in different light conditions. It can be totally worth it in the end though.

GT3 Crayon (Nov 2022)
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Thanks Bloosoo for the insight. 😎

I thought that certain Porsche paints from other models were reserved for that model only, to make them more exclusive.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
goron59

Post by goron59 »

bloosoo wrote: ↑Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:33 pm The colour has to have been 'approved' for use on that model. Other than that yes pretty much any previously used colour. It does add a significant wait to the order and you may find some hidden costs in addition to the extra paint charge. In my case I had to have a reverse camera. Even though I did not want one. The reason given was that the paint colour I had chose, riviera blue, is an old colour and used to be a very thick paint. In order to achieve the true depth of colour nowadays it requires more paint. Apparently this will affect the reversing sensors hence the requirements for the reversing camera. Which I then had to pay for of course😁
That's really interesting, thanks.
I wonder if there were other technical cards on the table here, but Porsche rejected them?
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

And as I found out yesterday, you can't buy a touch up stick for PTS paint from Porsche. They give you a code that you can use to get someone else to mix it for you. I suspect that might be expensive :shock:
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25