Tracking

All your ordering information here!
andreas

Post by andreas »

Fairynuff wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:02 am
I read it and it's all good but it doesn't give me the answers I want. Taking aside cloning of keys and remote capturing of key signals for later cloning in my experience the most likely and most frightening scenario is the drug addict or Rumanian gypsy who will burgle my home for the keys. The solution to this in the article is "make it easy for them so they don't come into the bedroom." Surely someone has come up with better solutions than that? So far it seems to come down to 'give them the keys or buy a gun, surely there's a middle ground'.
I think the first line of defence is not to specify Comfort Access.

The second line of defence is to use the built-in tracker system, which in my experience works very well. All you have to do is remember to have a little electronic fob in your wallet every time you get into the car. My car had a warning message the other day telling me that the fob needed a new battery. I set off to Halfords to buy a battery and had travelled less than half a mile from home when Vodafone called me to ask whether the car had gone walkabout.

The third line of defence is to have decent insurance!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

goron59

Post by goron59 »

Just had my tracker reset/replaced for a third time.
Vodafone had lost track of my car for an amazing 221 days this time. The last two times, they send me a letter saying they'd lost track of the car after 30 days. Perhaps they're saving money on postage now.
Anyways, come March, I won't be renewing. My insurance company don't need/care/discount, and if I really wanted a tracker, I'd use something a bit more effective.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR