Tracking

All your ordering information here!
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Hi, If this car ever gets onto my driveway clearly it is going to be a magnet for every low life scumbag out there who wants it all without working for it. The cheapest solution to that would be to buy a gun and blow them away when they come in for the keys. Unfortunately that option is denied me (nagging wife). Looking at the range of accessory options I can see that I can have a 'tracker' for about £500 (notwithstanding that I could buy a gun for less that that) how does the tracker work; do I have to pay someone to 'track' it?

Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Not sure if this is allowed in the U.K., but here goes: https://www.sublethal.co.za/
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Paul

Post by Paul »

An old post but well worth reading from start to finish..

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4116&hilit=Tracker
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Your Macan will come with a vehicle tracker as it is a standard feature.

Hence you may want to hold off having an aftermarket unit fitted until you checkout if the standard tracker will function OK where you live.

I echo Paul’s comment and link, do read Bazzas thread in full, it is eye opening.

Goid luck
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Col Lamb wrote:Your Macan will come with a vehicle tracker as it is a standard feature.

Hence you may want to hold off having an aftermarket unit fitted until you checkout if the standard tracker will function OK where you live.

I echo Paul’s comment and link, do read Bazzas thread in full, it is eye opening.

Goid luck
I suspect, Porsche tracking is for a roadside assistance with broken-down vehicles... chasing crims is a different undertaking entirely, unless it is explicitly stated as part of the service.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Pivot wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:14 pm
Col Lamb wrote:Your Macan will come with a vehicle tracker as it is a standard feature.

Goid luck
I suspect, Porsche tracking is for a roadside assistance with broken-down vehicles... chasing crims is a different undertaking entirely, unless it is explicitly stated as part of the service.
Not so, read the information on the Porsche website.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
goron59

Post by goron59 »

^^ indeed, Porsche roadside assistance seems to require you to tell them where you are and give them landmarks for the AA dude to look out for. Besides, my tracker thinks I'm permanently in a Sainsbury's carpark in Charlton, so it's pretty shit, and going in to repair today. 3rd time lucky.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Pivot wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:33 pm Not sure if this is allowed in the U.K., but here goes: https://www.sublethal.co.za/
I WANT ONE!
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Paul wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:35 pm An old post but well worth reading from start to finish..
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4116&hilit=Tracker
I read it and it's all good but it doesn't give me the answers I want. Taking aside cloning of keys and remote capturing of key signals for later cloning in my experience the most likely and most frightening scenario is the drug addict or Rumanian gypsy who will burgle my home for the keys. The solution to this in the article is "make it easy for them so they don't come into the bedroom." Surely someone has come up with better solutions than that? So far it seems to come down to 'give them the keys or buy a gun, surely there's a middle ground'.
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Nuclear Nick wrote: I suspect, Porsche tracking is for a roadside assistance with broken-down vehicles... chasing crims is a different undertaking entirely, unless it is explicitly stated as part of the service.
————————
Not so, read the information on the Porsche website.
Well... as I suspected Chasing crims is another contract with another company or the police.
Quote from the website: “Once confirmed that it is a theft, the security centre begins all the necessary steps to recover your classic car as quickly as possible: Our security centre manages the communication with the nearest police station and helps the emergency forces to retrieve your car using the intelligent vehicle localisation.”