Prices disappeared from Confuserator!

All your ordering information here!
RAA

Post by RAA »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:30 am ^^^ I don’t think that would protect you from any potential price rise, plus you’re giving your OPC an interest-free loan...
I don't know how these things might work, but I was thinking that if the OPC paid the money through to Porsche UK and then through to Porsche in Germany now, then they would receive the new car's cost in Euros now, so there should not be a price hike, if the value of the UK Pound drops in the future. Sorry if I seem naïve about these things, but I probably am.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ I like your optimistic thinking, but I don’t think it works that way. :geek:

Feel free to put that proposition to your OPC and update us on their response... :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

RAA, I am considering a similar approach, if I can get a confirmed prod slot with a VIN number. Importers use ‘exchange forward cover’ for that purpose.

I am not used to queuing for cars... if the price gets hiked beyond sensible number I might have to revert to X4 M40 or GLC 43.

On that note, I see Christmas is over...

Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
BenMacan

Post by BenMacan »

I have had to change my date of paying over the top up deposit until next Thursday. I asked my OPC at Silverstone what the amount would be and he quoted the same price that I had at time of order confirmation (11th Dec). No mention of price rise - yet!! Thanks for all the comments.
Anyone want to buy a Macan SD, 28k miles 2015 (65) Good spec. See it at www.thboler.com
biggeordie

Post by biggeordie »

Benmacan, If I may ask what excactly is the top up deposit, never heard of it before.

Anything to do with PCP or getting a discount of some description

excuse my ignorance if something simply explained
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

biggeordie wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:25 pm Benmacan, If I may ask what excactly is the top up deposit, never heard of it before.

Standard T&Cs of Porsche are to pay £3k when placing an order. When that ordered comes to be locked down and committed to in the factory production schedule they normally require a top up to 10%. Until the top up the deposit is fully refundable and is seen merely as a good faith down payment. Not all dealers require these terms from all customers.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

The Dick Lovett Group doesn't require a top-up deposit, many other OPCs the same. The initial deposit is refundable up to lock-down, which is normally six weeks before build, but after that you are contracted to buy the vehicle, including any price rise that may happen before delivery. However, since there's nearly always a waiting list, providing the spec is not too weird, the dealerships generally don't hold you to the contract if you want to pull out, but they could!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
goron59

Post by goron59 »

RAA wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:27 am My order for a new Macan S and confirmed spec. went through on 17th December. I had paid a deposit of £3,000 back in February, when I first got in the queue. I am now worried that, due to 'Brexit and the possible fall in value of the UK Pound, that the price will or could soar astronomically. Do Forum members think it would be a good idea for me (and others in a similar situation) to ask if I can pay the balance now, rather than wait to see what happens in March ? Might there be a downside in so doing ?
If you are worried about your sterling losing value against the euro or dollar, just buy chunks of both and move it back when the come comes.
Just don't do it at the post office or Travelex as those are about the most expensive places to convert between currencies :lol:
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Tom 2000 wrote:
biggeordie wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:25 pm Benmacan, If I may ask what excactly is the top up deposit, never heard of it before.

Standard T&Cs of Porsche are to pay £3k when placing an order. When that ordered comes to be locked down and committed to in the factory production schedule they normally require a top up to 10%. Until the top up the deposit is fully refundable and is seen merely as a good faith down payment. Not all dealers require these terms from all customers.
Diff OPC might have diff T&C, so read it before you sign it. My initial contract had two contradictory clauses, one stating that the £3000 deposit is refundable, and in another section it stated that it is not. It was a generic contract with different models requiring diff £#### deposit. We crossed contradictory section out and we signed mutually agreed contract. There was no mention of 10% top-up, which I can imagine would be for once-off bespoke orders, e.g. BBES (Blunderbuss exhaust system) with (BPG) bullet proof glass [emoji38]
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
RAA

Post by RAA »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 pm ^^^ I like your optimistic thinking, but I don’t think it works that way. :geek:

Feel free to put that proposition to your OPC and update us on their response... :)
The sales exec. at my local OPC, has said that he cannot confirm at this stage whether a price rise is likely, but that paying now will make no difference, since the OPC will be charged by Porsche when the car is shipped there, at prices that stand at the time. If the price rises, he emailed, then they will need to pass it on to me. He said he will discuss with the Sales Manager, and confirm, likely in the New Year. (I'm not sure if he understood that I would not want the OPC to hold on to my money, but would want it paid to Porsche, Germany now, in Euros before the Pound might plummet.)