Wheels

All your ordering information here!
Paul

Post by Paul »

😉
It’s unlikely that anyone who chose 21s would admit they found the ride less than acceptable - but that’s not your bum and bones!
The only easy to find out for certain for you, is to go to the dealership and drive both if possible
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

rikholland

Post by rikholland »

Hi, I have been using 21” most of the time te last 4 years. During winters I ride 20” with winter tires. With AS the difference in comfort and harsness is very small. If you set AS in S or S+ mode you can feel the 21” are a bit stiffer, more precise. But in my case I think it are the winter tyres which are softer by itself that made the (little) difference. I think it will be more a matter of what you like in your appearance. I truly love my 21” 911 Turbo design wheels, but at some angles if you look at the car they are kind of HUGE. At this moment I am running my black gts 20” winter set and hounestly I think they fit the car better (gts).
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I drove a GTS with 21"s for eighteen months and would chose the same again. Passengers actually commented on how good the ride was. Bigger wheels always look best and in the case of a PASM Macan they don't make it a bone shaker.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

So much depends on what you have been used to driving.

If you have been driving some of the Audi RS / Sports or BMW with run flats then I don’t think anything porsche offer will feel as harsh.

I love the look of the 21” but opted for the 20” in the end. Also with PASM which for me makes the ride so much more pleasant and can have some control as and when required.
Either option with PASM will be great (this is on the assumption you have been driving similar to the above cars mentioned).
Hope this helps.
GTS 😀
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

MCDK wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:17 pm Buy the 21s. The ride is far from harsh and they look so much better
+1. Only adds 1% to your purchase price and look so much nicer. :)

I had 21”s on my Macan and on my Panamera. The 21”s on the Panamera were the 911 Turbos that you like.

My Macan had no PASM. My Panamera had air suspension. The ride on both cars was fine.

In addition, when I changed from 20”s to 19”s on my current 911, to me the difference in ride comfort was imperceptible.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Fairynuff wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:32 pm
MCDK wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:17 pm Buy the 21s. The ride is far from harsh and they look so much better
Thanks - can I take it that you are talking from first hand experience i.e. you are driving on these 21" wheels with the low profile tyres?

I do really like those 911 wheels but my son who has had 911's and the like believes my old bones might not be up to the ride?
Yes have 21s on my car and live rural so the roads are pretty poor. Absolutely no issues with the ride and would order 21s again if ordering a new Macan.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

21’s are perfectly grand. Go for the look.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

I have 21" with air. Added air because coming out of Lexus RX450H that had air on 19" which was like floating in an armchair ( bit too much float for my liking) there was an immediate noticeable difference in being aware of a closer contact with road surface but absolutely no lack of comfort and no shaking. The only time it becomes really noticeable is when driving on any concrete motorway surface, which due to the lack of rubber between road makes for a unpleasantly noisy experience. Fortunately not many of those surfaces around, your expectations will be shaped by what you are used to, so as already said take a good test drive before committing. I personally like the look of the 21" but believe the 20" are the best all round wheel for the Macan.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

The question I am torturing over is . . . . having chosen the 21" 911 wheels with their low profile will do I need PASM and it's 'Comfort' mode to mitigate the ride over the speeds bumps. Does anyone know what 'mode' the car is in without PASM?

PASM £1,860
Air suspension with self-levelling function and ride-height adjustment including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Fully load-bearing air-spring struts, a total of three ride-height positions and possibility to lower rear axle to Loading Level, variable damping system with continuous regulation of damping force to reduce body movements as the situation demands, PASM damper mapping with three manually selectable modes ("Comfort", "SPORT" and "SPORT PLUS"). Includes self-levelling function
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Do you want air suspension specifically, or just PASM?

PASM is £816, Air with PASM is £1,860.

You can’t really compare PASM with non PASM as it works continuously to adapt the ride. Non-PASM cars don’t have the adaption.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8