New Macan Query

All your ordering information here!
goron59

Post by goron59 »

VanB wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:53 pm Never heard of a reserving camera - is this a Jag option ;)
In yank land they call it a "backup camera" which I always find amusing. Is the main one prone to failure such that you'd need a backup?
It's also mandatory over there for new cars.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Kevin, since you are considering the road tax and other misc costs, you might want to include car insurance, which might be higher than the Jag, especially in London.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
kevinhtcat

Post by kevinhtcat »

Pivot wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:46 pm Kevin, since you are considering the road tax and other misc costs, you might want to include car insurance, which might be higher than the Jag, especially in London.
thanks for picking up the insurance, which I was too lazy to get an estimated quote compared to my Jag.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

On servicing costs, would you do the major service just before selling or part exchanging the car?

I’d agree with others on the heated seats and 19” rims, especially for London.

Try to get an extended test drive to check which options you might like or to confirm which you can do without.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

andreas wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:46 pm I don't think the heated windscreen is necessary, and my experience of them is that the elements are quite intrusively visible in some lighting conditions.
I have this option on my spec, I did wonder whether it worked in the same way as the rear windows i.e. a metal grid. Is that correct and just how visible is whatever it is that heats up the screen?
Paul

Post by Paul »

Had it on my Skoda Yeti a few years back and it proved invaluable (‘cause I used to have to get up early in those days on cold frosty mornings!)

Yes, lots of small filaments inside the screen but virtually invisible unless you actually try to look for them. You can very ocasionally get at glint of sunshine through them but provided the screen is kept clean it is not a problem.
Last edited by Paul on Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
andreas

Post by andreas »

Fairynuff wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:41 pm I have this option on my spec, I did wonder whether it worked in the same way as the rear windows i.e. a metal grid. Is that correct and just how visible is whatever it is that heats up the screen?
It uses very tiny metal filaments, embedded in the plastic lamination layer. You can see them clearly (assuming you have decent eyesight) but normally you're looking through them so your brain ignores them. I find with some directions of sunshine on the screen, the filaments can reflect and become intrusive - having a clean screen makes no difference. I have an "old banger" Freelander with a heated screen, and it still vaguely annoys me. The Macan has a fairly rapid engine warm-up, so even in very cold weather just sitting with the engine running for a few minutes should defrost the screen; and in any case it takes a similar time for the backlight and mirror heating to work.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
kevinhtcat

Post by kevinhtcat »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:36 pm On servicing costs, would you do the major service just before selling or part exchanging the car?

I’d agree with others on the heated seats and 19” rims, especially for London.

Try to get an extended test drive to check which options you might like or to confirm which you can do without.
thanks for reply. as I am still unsure the service schedule for Macan and so I taken major service into account.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, Kevin. :)

First time I’ve read a post saying (twice) someone is looking to buy a Porsche, but they don’t really like driving.

Just made me chuckle. ;)

Good luck with your choice. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Can anyone confirm that the . . . 14-way electric seats (front) with memory package and/or Adaptive sports seats (18-way, electric) with memory package DOES NOT include heated seats i.e. if choosing one of these options I still need to select (pay) for heated seats?