Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

nozydog

Post by nozydog »

GMAN75 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:22 am
Fairynuff wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:51 pm
You go into a dealer, request a test drive, if you like it you ask what new stock they have, they tell you, you agree one that is pretty much what you're after, pay the deposit, then a little later the balance, receive the car, drive away 2 weeks later and bypass the hassle of ordering and waiting. Boom, you're welcome.
I can guarantee they'll have nothing in stock I want as I have no intention of paying £10k or more for a load of options chosen by the dealership (or Porsche UK)
Someone recently paid £63k for a new 2.0 Macan!!! They're gonna take such a massive hit come trade in time... a new GTS will be cheaper than that when it comes and it won't 'need' many options as it comes with wheel upgrade, sports seats and such!
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

goron59 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:54 pm
Pivot wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:49 pm Good man Goron!

Thanks a stack... I am delighted to see that changing spec is not an issue.

So far I submitted 2 specs and had to re-sign the prelim contract twice to update it on the system. Is that normal [emoji1745]‍[emoji3603]
Every time I sent in a spec change, I was sent back an updated "New Vehicle Order Form" which I signed, then emailed back.
Was a bit of a faff, but at least I got the car I wanted!

There was a couple of occasions where the spec on the form was slightly different to what I asked for, so it's worth checking everything twice.
You don't want your car to be delivered the wrong colour!

After a few cases, I would email in my old code, my new code and the differences I expected between them.

My SA was very patient (Rhys Evans at Tewkesbury, BTW) and I was very pleased with him and the OPC.
I'm already configuring a car I won't be ordering for at least 6 months as I intend to get my spec absolutely bang on first time! I've had past experience of deciding to alter spec at a later stage in the process and that nail biting period where you think it may be too late to change!
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

nozydog wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:22 pm
Fairynuff wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:51 pm
You go into a dealer, request a test drive, if you like it you ask what new stock they have, they tell you, you agree one that is pretty much what you're after, pay the deposit, then a little later the balance, receive the car, drive away 2 weeks later and bypass the hassle of ordering and waiting. Boom, you're welcome.
I can guarantee they'll have nothing in stock I want as I have no intention of paying £10k or more for a load of options chosen by the dealership (or Porsche UK)
Someone recently paid £63k for a new 2.0 Macan!!! They're gonna take such a massive hit come trade in time... a new GTS will be cheaper than that when it comes and it won't 'need' many options as it comes with wheel upgrade, sports seats and such!
You'll be surprised. You'll also be surprised at discounts they're prepared to give. In my case, I was given an awesome discount on an extremely well appointed brand new S. It happens. You also appear to be talking out of turn on options! There are endless comments on here about minimum spec cars and those with must haves. Decent paint + Air suspension + decent wheels + seats is £10k alone. Don't know what your spec is but, unfortunately, the car needs them to stand a chance.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Forum Rules

1. There is no such thing as a 'must have' option.

;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:10 pm Forum Rules

;)
Ok :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will buy you 2 Yorkie bars if you can point out an owner of a "base spec" Macan! My terms are that the Macan must have £0 of options on it from new! I will box up and deliver said Yorkies to your address! :lol: :lol: :lol:
VanB

Post by VanB »

;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
VanB

Post by VanB »

GMAN75 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:40 pm

;)
Ok :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will buy you 2 Yorkie bars if you can point out an owner of a "base spec" Macan! My terms are that the Macan must have £0 of options on it from new! I will box up and deliver said Yorkies to your address! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The reason there are no "must have" options is that it is an overused phrase for people who wish to impose their own preferences on others. I think it is preferable to say that there are no "must have" options but there is a wealth of experience on this forum which is worth considering when making the choices that are right for you. One person's comfortable seat is another person's instrument of torture for example.
nozydog

Post by nozydog »

GMAN75 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:56 pm
nozydog wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:22 pm

You'll be surprised. You'll also be surprised at discounts they're prepared to give. In my case, I was given an awesome discount on an extremely well appointed brand new S. It happens. You also appear to be talking out of turn on options! There are endless comments on here about minimum spec cars and those with must haves. Decent paint + Air suspension + decent wheels + seats is £10k alone. Don't know what your spec is but, unfortunately, the car needs them to stand a chance.
Not at all, Met paint, Air (certainly NOT a must have), leather sports seats and even £3k wheels comes to less than £7k!! Personally my own 'must haves' are Metallic paint, 19" wheels (not a fan of oversized Gangsta wheels) Leather (heated) Sports Seats, PASM & Auto dim mirrors. Total circa £4,350. It would be rare to find a Macan in stock as minimally optioned as this so why would I pay thousands more for options I don't want or need. Even one year old Macans are selling for well over the base price of a brand new car.... I'll stick to my custom order thanks! I don't mind waiting... after all 'the anticipation is always better than the having'!!
VanB

Post by VanB »

you are the perfect example of WingCo's forum rule, Nozydog and good on you for it!