New Macan S order

All your ordering information here!
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

vented seats great in the summer with the roof open, no need to use the air con.

JJW023

Post by JJW023 »

They haven’t been at all specific or anything so it might not be very firm or accurate. They just said they are hopefull/expecting before the end of March but may change and they will update me in Jan.

Just FYI, I placed initial deposit in March last year, then I got a call on a Thursday in Dec saying they had a slot for me but that I had to finalise spec by close of business following Monday (17th Dec).
2019 Macan S, Volcano Grey
JJW023

Post by JJW023 »

And yes love the idea of vented seats, haven’t had them before though..
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

JJW023 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:00 pm Yes hopefully I won’t switch soon after as many people seem to.. haha

I thought the code would work PKZ4LF70

But anyway I think options basically as follows. I don’t think I will be missing too many must haves, (more likely will have ones that aren’t necessary) and have studied a lot of other people’s comments on this forum so fingers crossed.

Volcano grey
20 inch Macan Turbo wheels in exterior colour
Air suspension
Adaptive cruise control
Sports exhaust in black
Sports Chrono
Panoramic roof
LED lights in black
Tinted tail lights
Sports design mirrors
Park assist with surround view
Thermal glass with dark tinting
Heated windscreen
Toe bar
Leather interior plus additions like steering column, extended trim
Alcantara roof lining
Heated GT steering wheel
18way adaptive seats
Heated seats front and rear
Ventilated seats
Bose sound
What a very full spec, that'll impress the production line workers. VG best colour imo, interior colour? Nothing spent on external sports design stuff I see, no bad thing when the cost can go on all those other goodies.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
JJW023

Post by JJW023 »

Interior is all black, so fairly boring I guess, but I’ve always preferred black interior personally.

In terms of sports design stuff, no in the end I couldn’t see enough difference or benefit on the front or rear end, the front lip I think I actually like, and the painted trims didn’t think would make too much difference on a volcano grey colour so could live without it all. Ultimately I did have to draw the line somewhere and in the end preferred other stuff.
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

JJW023 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:19 pm Interior is all black, so fairly boring I guess, but I’ve always preferred black interior personally.

In terms of sports design stuff, no in the end I couldn’t see enough difference or benefit on the front or rear end, the front lip I think I actually like, and the painted trims didn’t think would make too much difference on a volcano grey colour so could live without it all. Ultimately I did have to draw the line somewhere and in the end preferred other stuff.
As a VG owner, I would agree with you on not spending the money on the outside trim extras. I did on mine: sports design mirrors, everything in high gloss black, painted rear spoiler, even the inside of the wheels i got painted high gloss black. Cost a fortune. And it is nicer, but on VG, not at all that noticable. Car needs to be squeeky clean and in summer sun to notice it really. My next porsche will no longer have these extras. A nice set of wheels and thats it for me. But that’s the nice thing with Porsche: we can all have it the way we feel like :)
JJW023

Post by JJW023 »

Yes exactly, it’s a very nice thought to know all the bits and pieces are what you have decided upon. Previous cars (I have never bought new before) have always had major compromises which I didn’t think would bother me but always did and always make you want a different car. Who knows I guess that will still happen anyway based off number of people that seem to be drawn to the next car and the next on here.. a little bit scared about that actually haha
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Temptation is high 😅
JJW023

Post by JJW023 »

Just as an update I heard today that the expected collection/delivery date on my new Macan S might now not be before the end of April as they said there have been delays in general on the new Macan S.

For reference my final spec was locked down in mid Dec with estimated collection date before end of March at the time.

Just FYI

John
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Orangebulldog wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:26 pm
JJW023 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:19 pm Interior is all black, so fairly boring I guess, but I’ve always preferred black interior personally.

As a VG owner, I would agree with you on not spending the money on the outside trim extras. I did on mine: sports design mirrors, everything in high gloss black, painted rear spoiler, even the inside of the wheels i got painted high gloss black. Cost a fortune. And it is nicer, but on VG, not at all that noticable. Car needs to be squeeky clean and in summer sun to notice it really. My next porsche will no longer have these extras. A nice set of wheels and thats it for me. But that’s the nice thing with Porsche: we can all have it the way we feel like :)
Wise sentiments.

I am a firm believer in the concept of external bling extras ..... if I cannot see them from the driving position then I do not need them.

The exception being the wheels, standard 19” on Turbo were pretty boring.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags