New Macan S 2019 Order

All your ordering information here!
amf

Post by amf »

Hi all, just joined and here is my order http://www.porsche-code.com/PK4F15T0 - I can still amend it up until mid March (according to OPC!) so if you guys have any feedback or suggestions feel free to pop them in the comments. I decided to avoid a panoramic sunroof as 1) extra weight, 2) with the bad weather we get in the UK (scotland) you would only use it a few times/year

Many thanks in advance.

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Hi Amf,

Nice spec. Some suggestions, sports exhaust not really worth it but I would keep the black pipes and also go for gloss black sideblades. Also sports chrono rarely if never used. Would paint the rear apron though.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
amf

Post by amf »

MikeM wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:54 pm Hi Amf,

Nice spec. Some suggestions, sports exhaust not really worth it but I would keep the black pipes and also go for gloss black sideblades. Also sports chrono rarely if never used. Would paint the rear apron though.
Thanks Mike :D - I will see what other members suggest as well and then make a change to the order before end of Jan!
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

A lot of us did sports chrono and
Never use it.
amf

Post by amf »

Would it be good to have it for resell tho vs not having it?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

amf wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:34 pm Would it be good to have it for resell tho vs not having it?
If you just want to break up the dash top expanse, then go for the compass & clock.

The panoramic roof would let a lot of light in to the all black interior that you've chosen. Check it out on a Macan at your dealer. Definitely a resale plus.

The speed limit display is a worthwhile option on these deceptively rapid cars! :evil:

I'd go along with MikeM's gloss black sideblades and white painted rear apron suggestion. Much easier when it comes to cleaning the car too. ;)

Good luck with your final spec. :)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Spec is a bit OTT but very good.

Sports Exhaust is switchable and has zero performance gains, after a while you will be glad it switches off since at a constant speed it drones inside the car very badly.

GT steering wheel no, heated steering wheel yes.

Sports Chrono is another minimal gain extra, only slight performance gain, only useful for the top dash gauge, no real resale value.

LEDs are superb.

Suggest including a spare wheel.

To go with your internal aluminium do check out the Aluminium Gear Selector, I have it and love it.

You have nit included a Pano roof, the vast number of Macans have them, will be surprised if your SE does not try to suggest including one, interior is very dark without so do check one out without a Pano.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
amf

Post by amf »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:13 pm Welcome.

Spec is a bit OTT but very good.

Sports Exhaust is switchable and has zero performance gains, after a while you will be glad it switches off since at a constant speed it drones inside the car very badly.

GT steering wheel no, heated steering wheel yes.

Sports Chrono is another minimal gain extra, only slight performance gain, only useful for the top dash gauge, no real resale value.

LEDs are superb.

Suggest including a spare wheel.

To go with your internal aluminium do check out the Aluminium Gear Selector, I have it and love it.

You have nit included a Pano roof, the vast number of Macans have them, will be surprised if your SE does not try to suggest including one, interior is very dark without so do check one out without a Pano.
Thanks for your suggestions Col, it's my first Porsche so I went a bit OTT :lol: steering wheel is already heated in the order. With regards to the Aluminium Gear Selector (£375) are there any gains other than aesthetics/resell ?
Re pano - yeah dealer been trying to push me to buy it but other than the adding light to the cabin (like you suggested) I don't think I would make any use of it and I am not sure if I like the sound of the additional weight (still).
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Looks good to me!

I have a sports exhaust on my S - love it. Keep it and ignore those who say otherwise. It provides the right amount of lout noise needed. Essential for the V6 growl.

Second, again, ignore the pano roof brigade. You'll never use it. Also, those stating that the cabin is dark without it, it isn't. Yes, the roof adds some light (big woohoo) but it also comes with added mechanical headaches, weight and low utility like you've rightfully pointed out. You're not living in the car and the car isn't a conservatory.

I would try and opt for air suspension though and include a sports design kit. The kit rids the car of that ridiculous chin "spoiler".

Other than my legendary suggestions, you have specced a nice car!

G
amf

Post by amf »

Thanks G! Any particular reasons as to why you would opt out of the air suspensions?