New Macan S 2019 Order

All your ordering information here!
steve w

Post by steve w »

Nice spec probably I’d add a pano roof along with the most important other option and that’s a =
3Litre V6 under the bonnet instead of the VW GOLF GTI 2Litre Motor.
SteveW

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

I'm saying that you would opt FOR the air suspension. It just adds a new dimension to handling.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to our friendly forum, amf! :)

Great looking Macan S spec. Quite a few things I'd spec and a few I wouldn't, but if you're ok with the budget you've allocated, go for it!

With regard to resale value, options don't always retain much of their value, but if it's a keeper, what the hell! ;)

iris.jpg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

steve w wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:48 pm Nice spec probably I’d add a pano roof along with the most important other option and that’s a =
3Litre V6 under the bonnet instead of the VW GOLF GTI 2Litre Motor.
SteveW
Macan S does have the 3.0 V6, Steve ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The S is indeed a 2995cc V6 354ps Porsche engine.

It does liketo be worked and does have a great growl when accelerating irrespective of a Sports Exhaust being fitted.

So best advice for the Op before they spend £1700 on SE it to find and test drive an S with SE and choose after the drive.

SE does sound good, but only when accelerating hard and that is not something that there is much opportunity to do nowadays.

Spending the cash on a Pano is better vfm than spending on SE imho.

One more thing, PS+ is not included in your spec, again test drive a Macan without PS+ to be sure you do not want it included, it is a variable assistance power steering system that gives a light load when parking and it gradually reduces assist to zero at road going speeds.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Sorry Col - but your wrong.

"As before, the base Macan uses the same Audi A4-sourced 2.0-liter four-cylinder, which makes 252 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque. Previously, the Macan S used a Porsche-developed 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6, but now, it's been replaced with an Audi-sourced single-turbo 3.0-liter V6 making 348 hp and 354 lb-ft of torque. It's the same basic engine found in the base Cayenne and Panamera, as well as the Audi S4, S5, and SQ5, though it gets some software changes. Both engines are paired with Porsche's seven-speed PDK dual-clutch, which has been retuned to offer quicker shifts, and a fully variable all-wheel drive system."

You have to buy a 911 or Cayster to get a Porsche engine in a factory order now.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi amf, welcome to the forum.

I agree with MikeM, you should go for the painted rear apron. It doesn't matter with the darker colours but with light or bright it makes a difference. The absence of a painted rear apron is very noticeable with white.

I used to have a Cayenne with a black interior and no panoramic roof and it was dark. I would strongly recommend going for the pano roof even if you never open it.

Power Steering Plus is a low cost option that makes manoeuvring in tight spaces much easier. Talking of tight spaces, you could save money and make the risk of alloy kerbing go away by opting to 20" wheels.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Macananon wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:53 pm Sorry Col - but your wrong.

"As before, the base Macan uses the same Audi A4-sourced 2.0-liter four-cylinder, which makes 252 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque. Previously, the Macan S used a Porsche-developed 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6, but now, it's been replaced with an Audi-sourced single-turbo 3.0-liter V6 making 348 hp and 354 lb-ft of torque. It's the same basic engine found in the base Cayenne and Panamera, as well as the Audi S4, S5, and SQ5, though it gets some software changes. Both engines are paired with Porsche's seven-speed PDK dual-clutch, which has been retuned to offer quicker shifts, and a fully variable all-wheel drive system."

You have to buy a 911 or Cayster to get a Porsche engine in a factory order now.
Thanks for the update, Insaw that the V6 was still at 3.0litre and made a presumption.

So its now official my Turbo is a keeper until an EV comes along
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
RAA

Post by RAA »

Macananon wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:53 pm Sorry Col - but your wrong.

You said the new Macan come with a single-turbo 3.0 litre V6; but the information I have, from my nearest Porsche Centre, is that the new Macan S has a twin-scroll turbocharger. Please excuse my ignorance, but is a twin-scroll turbo charger, a single-turbo ? Can anyone explain to me the difference between a twin-turbo and a twin-scroll turbo, please ? Thanks.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Google does if better than me😊, but essentially a twin scroll turbo has two exhaust inlets and two outlets on at a steeper angle. This way you get the benefit of a sharper response at low reves and still get power further up the rev range.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465