Just ordered Macan S Miami Blue

All your ordering information here!
PaulH

Post by PaulH »

I ordered the S but wanted the new GTS
The dealer said the new GTS wont come out for 18 months.
Does anyone know this?
April build date 2019 Macan S

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

PaulH wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:18 am I ordered the S but wanted the new GTS
The dealer said the new GTS wont come out for 18 months.
Does anyone know this?
GTS is always the last to be released, next one due is the Turbo and being suggested but not confirmed as a late spring launch, which would mean earliest deliveries late summer or autumn. So re GTS I would say your dealer SE is giving you sound advice, A number of threads on here re GTS rollouts.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
pmg

Post by pmg »

I also suspect the new GTS will have a very short production run of about a year as the completely new "EV" Macan is due 2022. as the last ICS Macan the new GTS could be very popular and a good "investment"
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
VanB

Post by VanB »

Black window trims and comfort light package are both excellent suggestions
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
PaulH

Post by PaulH »

VanB wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:53 am Black window trims and comfort light package are both excellent suggestions
Do you miss the Macan practicality and higher driving position vs your 911?
VanB

Post by VanB »

PaulH that's a great question! I loved my Macan GTS and would have kept it as well as the 911 if I could have justified it to myself. The 911 is surprisingly practical and comfortable but it is a bit like comparing apples and oranges.

The Macan is a supremely capable, comfortable, sporty and well-handling SUV and, depending on who you talk to, the very best on the market and I wouldn't argue with any of that. However, much as some people would say otherwise, it is no sports car. I came to the Macan from a 981 Cayman S and immediately missed the sports car experience despite the brilliance of the Macan.

Yes, there are definitely times that I miss the car, particularly the comfort on a long journey. I miss the practicality when I'm going on a golf trip and I miss a few other things about it. I do not miss the fuel consumption with my 911 being 35% more fuel efficient.

If I wanted back into an SUV it would almost certainly be another Macan and I really wish I had been able to justify keeping both.
PaulH

Post by PaulH »

Good to know. This is my 1st Porsche and always wonder should i get 911 vs Macan.
Or have Macan a couple of years and then move up to 911.
911 35% better fuel economy thats interesting to know.

What about speed bumps and thinks like that?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Paul, I started with a Macan and then almost immediately changed into a 911! :oops:

Then a Panamera 4 and now back in a 911! :lol:

Could have saved a fortune if I had just ordered a new 911 from day one! :roll: :P

It depends if the layout of the 911 (2+2) would be practical for you. I can get away with it, as my daughters are virtually grown up now (23 & 18) and my older daughter has her own car.

I fairly frequently use the back seats, mostly for the 5’ 10” 14-year old son of my girlfriend.

And there is a surprising amount of storage space in a 911 including front trunk (frunk), rear seats and shelf behind rear seats. Rear seats can be folded down too. :)

When I get too old to get in and out of a 911, I’ll almost certainly return to a Macan...

P.S. My 991.2 Carrera T with a flat 6 3.0 engine is more fuel-efficient than my 2.0 4-cylinder Macan! All to do with being lighter, lower and more aerodynamic. :geek:

Speed bumps and driveways etc are generally ok if taken at an appropriate speed. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

I don't really have any issue with speed bumps and the GTS is 20mm lower than a standard S. As WingCo says it is surprisingly practical and the rear seats are usable but you probably wouldn't want to be sitting in them for anything other than a short journey if you are over 5'4". The fact that they fold down to give a really decent amount of storage on a flat shelf is very helpful.

I'm pleased to have had a Cayman S and a Macan GTS before the 911 as I probably appreciate far more than I would have done otherwise.