Had a GREAT test drive today.

All your ordering information here!
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

cheekyMacan wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:05 pm
MrsMacan wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:51 pm One thing he did mention is that they have been told now that if Brexit results in a no deal scenario all car prices are set to rise by 10%, ouch!

CODE: PKYYN1L6

Sal
10%..!! Wow that’s a lot and a damn feeble excuse to hike up the prices to make up for the shortfall when they shut the Porsche factory.

Either way you’ll love your Macan. I love flipping between sport and sport+ modes and just the way the car handles and drives is a dream. Love it..!!

Chris
I don't think it'll do the dealers any good, my SE was very pro remain and not happy about it. They will lose sales due to increase in price and they need to sell to make up for the lack of sales last year. Fingers crossed it all gets sorted out with minimal impact.
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Good to hear that the test drive did not disappoint. 😃

Which wheels did you go for in the end? Did you make many changes from your originally penned spec?
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Glad to here your drive went well.

Its always good to have a long drive of a Macan as close to your spec as you can find.

You could always say to your SE that you would expect them to absorb any price rise due to BREXIT.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

Semerka wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:20 pm Good to hear that the test drive did not disappoint. 😃

Which wheels did you go for in the end? Did you make many changes from your originally penned spec?
I've gone for the 20" Turbo wheels, just couldn't bring myself to compromise as they look so damn good, but I tried out the surround camera and actually decided it was too much tech for me, I reckon I'd end up over analysing my parking all the time :lol: so saved some money there! Also added smoking package to get the cover on the console hole and the 75ltr tank. I had considered the GT steering wheel but also decided it was overkill so went for the heated multifunction one instead. Very pleased with the config though and SE was so helpful and pointed out the console hole, I hadn't even noticed!
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Agree, those wheels look great, you won't regret it! 8-)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Great feedback on the seats - thanks for sharing!

I must admit, when I move on to the next, I'll probably go for the 14-way as well. The 8/18 way feel great once you're in position but I always feel like I'm going to rip or pull some of the stitching as I climb over the side bolstering.
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
Spud

Post by Spud »

MrsMacan wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:28 pm I was really pleased to go and have my long awaited test drive today. I've managed to slip a disc in my back and so had to postpone this test drive till I knew I'd be able to actually get in and out of the blooming thing :lol: .

We test drove a 2.0L Green Macan, it did have sport seats which I'm not speccing, but there is another model in the showroom (wasn't there at New Year when we visited) which has the 14 way seats and they were spot on, so very happy with that choice. The sports ones were comfy but that side bolster is so high that getting in and out is a PITA for me (legs too short!).

We had the car for a good 3 hours, drove home, picked up the kids, did a nice little run down the A46 in Nottingham to get some good speed going and then back home to drop kids off, did the work commute and back to the dealer. It was a BLAST, I LOVED it. I knew I would but very happy with the handling, no Power Steering Plus and I managed fine ;). The response is amazing, it's been a while since I drove an auto but the acceleration was a joy compared to my attempts at wracking up the gears in my Sportage lol.

The sales exec I'd been dealing with was not working today but he's in tomorrow, so planning on popping in again and discussing options, wheels and hopefully deposit paid. Very excited.

Sal
Another one for the Nottingham Roads, enjoy :)
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
andreas

Post by andreas »

MrsMacan wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:06 pm
andreas wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:58 pm
There's only one reason for that - opportunism.
Possibly but also due to World Trade Organisation tariffs which will not be absorbed by dealers but passed onto consumers. It will be all dealers not just Porsche.
But the 10% WTO tariff is charged on the price which Porsche AG charges Porsche Cars Great Britain - this will be hugely less than the retail price, so an uplift of 10% on the retail price is pure opportunism.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Guy

Post by Guy »

andreas wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:04 am But the 10% WTO tariff is charged on the price which Porsche AG charges Porsche Cars Great Britain - this will be hugely less than the retail price, so an uplift of 10% on the retail price is pure opportunism.
An excellent point - thanks! :D
pmg

Post by pmg »

Guy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 am
andreas wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:04 am But the 10% WTO tariff is charged on the price which Porsche AG charges Porsche Cars Great Britain - this will be hugely less than the retail price, so an uplift of 10% on the retail price is pure opportunism.
An excellent point - thanks! :D
Depends whether the priority for Porsche is cash margins above fixed costs or numbers of cars sold. A slice of good news is that there are reports the position is now starting to worry Angela (Merkel) so we "May" see some movement
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8