Had a GREAT test drive today.

All your ordering information here!
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

I was really pleased to go and have my long awaited test drive today. I've managed to slip a disc in my back and so had to postpone this test drive till I knew I'd be able to actually get in and out of the blooming thing :lol: .

We test drove a 2.0L Green Macan, it did have sport seats which I'm not speccing, but there is another model in the showroom (wasn't there at New Year when we visited) which has the 14 way seats and they were spot on, so very happy with that choice. The sports ones were comfy but that side bolster is so high that getting in and out is a PITA for me (legs too short!).

We had the car for a good 3 hours, drove home, picked up the kids, did a nice little run down the A46 in Nottingham to get some good speed going and then back home to drop kids off, did the work commute and back to the dealer. It was a BLAST, I LOVED it. I knew I would but very happy with the handling, no Power Steering Plus and I managed fine ;). The response is amazing, it's been a while since I drove an auto but the acceleration was a joy compared to my attempts at wracking up the gears in my Sportage lol.

The sales exec I'd been dealing with was not working today but he's in tomorrow, so planning on popping in again and discussing options, wheels and hopefully deposit paid. Very excited.

Sal
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great news

They are great to drive. :D :D :D
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

A warm welcome to the Macan clan Sal. :D

Do share your final spec (Porsche code) when you've nailed it. ;)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Paul

Post by Paul »

👍👍 A good test drive of all the features you are considering is always the best policy!

Glad you liked it.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

Glad you enjoyed the test drive. The A46 is a great road for driving.

I was blown away just how good my 2.0L drives and handles.

Did you visit Porsche Leicester?

Chris
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

cheekyMacan wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:50 pm Glad you enjoyed the test drive. The A46 is a great road for driving.

I was blown away just how good my 2.0L drives and handles.

Did you visit Porsche Leicester?

Chris
Hi Chris, the A46 is a blast since the upgrade to dual carriageway in Nottingham. I went to the Nottingham Porsche dealer as it's local to me, they have been very helpful, not pushy either and today we went and specced the car and woohoo put down a deposit. So it should be an April build date for delivery in May. One thing he did mention is that they have been told now that if Brexit results in a no deal scenario all car prices are set to rise by 10%, ouch!

CODE: PKYYN1L6

Sal
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
andreas

Post by andreas »

MrsMacan wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:51 pm One thing he did mention is that they have been told now that if Brexit results in a no deal scenario all car prices are set to rise by 10%, ouch!

There's only one reason for that - opportunism.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

andreas wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:58 pm
MrsMacan wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:51 pm One thing he did mention is that they have been told now that if Brexit results in a no deal scenario all car prices are set to rise by 10%, ouch!

There's only one reason for that - opportunism.
Possibly but also due to World Trade Organisation tariffs which will not be absorbed by dealers but passed onto consumers. It will be all dealers not just Porsche.
Sal
VanB

Post by VanB »

That’s interesting to hear about WTO price rises and no surprise that these would be passed on. Let’s all hope for a sensible resolution.

Congrats MrsMacan they are truly lovely cars [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

CODE: PKYYN1L6

Sal
10%..!! Wow that’s a lot and a damn feeble excuse to hike up the prices to make up for the shortfall when they shut the Porsche factory.

Either way you’ll love your Macan. I love flipping between sport and sport+ modes and just the way the car handles and drives like a dream. Love it..!!

Chris
Last edited by cheekyMacan on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D