First Porsche

All your ordering information here!
scp

Post by scp »

Hi to everyone.

Long time reader, first time poster. And hello to Jason Isaacs.

Test driving a Macan on Sat 8/2 at Hatfield.

Currently drive an Evoque which I have really enjoyed and the new Evoque looks lovely - the interior especially and the tech (which I do like) also looks great.

But I am hoping and expecting that the driving experience in the Macan will balance all this out and I am pretty locked into the Macan now. Unfortunately no S's to drive but hopefully the base model will be enough to remove any doubt.

So my spec is here http://www.porsche-code.com/PKJ91TE7. Any comments welcome.

What do you people think of the white exterior with black handles and window rims ? I think it looks good but need to be re-assured.

Can someone also advise what exactly what the difference is between the standard interior and leather interior. Are the seats full leather on both with no Alcantara ? tbh the costs of the seats on this does my head in.

Anyway thanks in advance for your feedback

Simon

Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Welcome to The Forum and The Can of Worms you have opened. Personally I would lose the heated windscreen and paint the back end.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

scp wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:37 am
What do you people think of the white exterior with black handles and window rims ? I think it looks good but need to be re-assured.
Black window trims look good with the white exterior, but the black door handles not so much. I would leave them white, but they look okay and it's your car!
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

scp wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:37 am Hi to everyone.

Long time reader, first time poster. And hello to Jason Isaacs.

Test driving a Macan on Sat 8/2 at Hatfield.

Currently drive an Evoque which I have really enjoyed and the new Evoque looks lovely - the interior especially and the tech (which I do like) also looks great.

But I am hoping and expecting that the driving experience in the Macan will balance all this out and I am pretty locked into the Macan now. Unfortunately no S's to drive but hopefully the base model will be enough to remove any doubt.

So my spec is here http://www.porsche-code.com/PKJ91TE7. Any comments welcome.

Can someone also advise what exactly what the difference is between the standard interior and leather interior. Are the seats full leather on both with no Alcantara ? tbh the costs of the seats on this does my head in.

Anyway thanks in advance for your feedback

Simon
Welcome Simon from a fellow newb :)

Never having driven a Porsche before two weeks ago (been a passenger a number of times), I test drove the Macan (a pre-owend one) and bought it the same day! Totally brilliant to drive - not just for an SUV but superb compared with most stuff I've ever driven.

Personally I'd lose the black door handles and leave them white but rear privacy glass would contrast really well with the white body. But of course it's your preference! :D
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to our friendly forum, Simon! :)

By selecting the 14-way seats, you have leather seats with no Alcantara.

I'd add a heated steering wheel.

But then again, my Macan S would look entirely different to yours! ;) Thank goodness we are all different.

P.S. I came to the World of Porsche from an Evoque too.

iris.jpg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Bogus

Post by Bogus »

Hi Simon and welcome to the Porsche/Macan club!!

I have had this Macan for the last 9 months and all i can say is "Phenomenal Machine". The one thing which i have which is not in your spec is the heated steering wheel. I have cold hands and it is a very important feature along with heated windscreen (which the gen 1 Macan does not have) especially if you live in colder climates (i live in the UK).

Dont have much to say on the colour/handles as that is very subjective and would recommend to go with what you like..

I also have Air suspension and is amazing the way it transforms the car but that is on 21" wheels.

There are multiple threads on the effect that different combos of wheels sizes/air susp/PASM/ have on say a Macan S/GTS/Turbo. might be worth a read but in a nutshell not the most opted feature on a Macan S maybe more for a Turbo/PP.

Whichever option you choose you will not be disappointed much as even in stock mode it is a great machine!!
Macan Turbo PP - Collected June 2018
LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
Panamera 4S (970.2) - Sold May 2018
911 C4S (991.1) - Sold May 2017
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi Simon and welcome to the forum.

Having seen a number of white Macans on the road, I would strongly recommend selecting the painted rear apron. I would save money on the heated windscreen to pay for it. This morning, the coldest of the winter so far, the screen cleared in less than two minutes just using the fan. That's hardly slower than with a heated windscreen. It's very rare that you need a heated windscreen in this country.

When it comes to the black door handles, one of the very early forum members (currently on his fourth Macan), Spud, had a white Macan with black door handles and window trim and it looked the dogs dangly bits! Search through the gallery to find pics and it will reinforce your choice.

With leather interior, you get more of the seats in leather than comes as part of the 14 way option. More importantly, the top of the dashboard and doors is in leather which makes the car look more like the £60k vehicle it is.

Whichever you go for, I'm sure you will enjoy the car. I still do every time I drive mine and it will be four years old in July.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Not a great lover of white or metallic white on the Macan but each to his own. I also prefer the look of larger wheels but some prefer ride comfort of a smaller wheel. Have you seen a car with full agate leather to make sure that you like ? I would add a heated steering wheel. I do like gloss black surrounds though as they match the rear spoiler and B pillar. Finally do you really need BOSE in a car as the standard audio is pretty good.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
scp

Post by scp »

Thanks for the comments

I picked a good time to ask about the heated windscreen - I live in Essex so been using it a lot recently. On the Evoque it works really well and clears the windscreen quickly compared to the fan. Interested to hear of experiences without it in the last few days. I guess no one actually has this currently so hard to really say how much of a difference it makes.

Never even considered the heated steering wheel - never had one so never missed it.

Thanks for the comments on the other points.

Can't wait for test drive next week.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Don't miss the heated wheel. Once you have it you will wonder how you ever drove a car without it. It's really cheap in Porsche terms too.
Macan S D
718 S