Changing the spec

All your ordering information here!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

On-Track wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:04 am
Pivot wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 am
Col Lamb wrote::D
In fact the only consistent Extras that were in all the Spec iterations were:-

14 way seats, ACC, Spyders, Ally PDK, LEDs, PS+ and Surround Cam.
Scandal! Col doesn’t have PASM [emoji12]
The Turbo comes with air suspension (including PASM) as standard, so no scandal here.
Sorry to correct you but no it did not.

PASM was standard but Air was a paid for extra, in fact I was unsure of wether to include Air in my Turbo and drove one with Air around the B roads near the PEC then thrashed said PEC Turbo around the tracks and with Air set low its handling was even better.

Hence I included Air.

But Air is not for everyone some have found it wallows and car induce motion sickness, so its a case of try before you include.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

GMAN75 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:10 pm
Fairynuff wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:02 pm I am thinking of amending my spec again;
My question to you is why not just spec the car YOU want?? Too many cooks spoil the broth...
Groan . . . . how much easier this would be if I knew what I wanted!

I want agate grey exterior but for some reason the world's supply of agate grey paint dried up!
I want (and I have) the pebble grey interior but (IMO) the choice of exterior colour does not provide me with an obvious match.
I want wheels that look like 21" 911 wheels and drive like the 20" wheels.
I want to float on air suspension but I don't want to pay for it and then again I don't want to regret not paying for it.
I want the OPC to tell me that the spec is locked in so I can stop thinking about changing it.
I am already up to 12k on extras but I don't want to live to regret not getting that extra 'extra' to save a couple of K!
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Fairynuff wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 pm
Fairynuff wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:02 pm I am thinking of amending my spec again;
My question to you is why not just spec the car YOU want?? Too many cooks spoil the broth...

I want agate grey exterior but for some reason the world's supply of agate grey paint dried up!
I want (and I have) the pebble grey interior but (IMO) the choice of exterior colour does not provide me with an obvious match.
I want to float on air suspension but I don't want to pay for it and then again I don't want to regret not paying for it.
I want the OPC to tell me that the spec is locked in so I can stop thinking about changing it.
I am already up to 12k on extras but I don't want to live to regret not getting that extra 'extra' to save a couple of K!
Get Volcano Grey (it's there or thereabouts!), grab the 21s, get the air suspension, go to bed knowing at least you have the car you want! :lol:
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

GMAN75 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:46 pm
Fairynuff wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Get Volcano Grey (it's there or thereabouts!), grab the 21s, get the air suspension, go to bed knowing at least you have the car you want! :lol:
Agree with GMAN on all points. I have pebble and agate interior with Volcano and they go well, also Night Blue with pebble looks great. Often confuse Agate and Volcano when on the road, unless side by side.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
biggeordie

Post by biggeordie »

Order in lockdown, but not sure whether to change spec, and have model deletion, have ordered black metallic

and original thought was to have model style lettering as configurator but change the chrome S to a red S,

Opinion,s welcome !!!!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

biggeordie wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:55 pm Order in lockdown, but not sure whether to change spec, and have model deletion, have ordered black metallic

and original thought was to have model style lettering as configurator but change the chrome S to a red S,

Opinion,s welcome !!!!
If your order is locked? Too late, your OPC will remove the lettering when it arrives if that's what you want. Just the S in red sounds a bit naff :roll: just IMHO :?
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

biggeordie wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:55 pm Order in lockdown, but not sure whether to change spec, and have model deletion, have ordered black metallic

Opinion,s welcome !!!!
Have it removed once it arrives at your OPC.

The Macan S badge is a pain anyway, as it is they snag the wash mitt and drying cloths.

My Turbo is debadged so its a Wolf in Sheep’s clothing driven by a Lamb.

:D
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I like the red S. I would have it on mine but I’m debased. Shit, debadged.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

biggeordie wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:55 pm Order in lockdown, but not sure whether to change spec, and have model deletion, have ordered black metallic and original thought was to have model style lettering as configurator but change the chrome S to a red S,
Opinion,s welcome !!!!
Dear God and I thought I had problems with me dithering over the size of wheels!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Fairynuff wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:42 am
biggeordie wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:55 pm Order in lockdown, but not sure whether to change spec, and have model deletion, have ordered black metallic and original thought was to have model style lettering as configurator but change the chrome S to a red S,
Opinion,s welcome !!!!
Dear God and I thought I had problems with me dithering over the size of wheels!
It gets better.

Well have had members here and members if the other Macan forum who have de badged using tooth floss to cut away the adhesive.

Members who had removed the badges to get them sprayed a different colour.

Members who have bought an S badge off eBay to add to the Macan badge to make other drivers think they are driving a better Porsche than they actually are (not as though Joe Public knows what a Macan is in the first place).

Members who have bought a de badged Macan only tothen buy the badges

Members who have a diesel and have had the Diesel badge removed to make others think that they are not driving one of those nasty, child killing, foul smog producing, climate changing oil burners :lol:

Its the eBay S badge that is the killer, it looks so naff.
Col
Macan Turbo