Changing the spec

All your ordering information here!
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:51 am
On-Track wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:04 am
Pivot wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 am

Scandal! Col doesn’t have PASM [emoji12]
The Turbo comes with air suspension (including PASM) as standard, so no scandal here.
Sorry to correct you but no it did not.

PASM was standard but Air was a paid for extra, in fact I was unsure of wether to include Air in my Turbo and drove one with Air around the B roads near the PEC then thrashed said PEC Turbo around the tracks and with Air set low its handling was even better.

Hence I included Air.

But Air is not for everyone some have found it wallows and car induce motion sickness, so its a case of try before you include.
When I read your response, Col, I remembered there was a lady forum member who suffered with the motion sickness problem and traded the car in for a Turbo PP on steel springs. The problem with the Turbo not being currently available is you can't easily check the spec on the Porsche website. At least, that's my excuse ;)
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

On-Track wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 am
On-Track wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:04 am

The Turbo comes with air suspension (including PASM) as standard, so no scandal here.

PASM was standard but Air was a paid for extra, in fact I was unsure of wether to include Air in my Turbo and drove one with Air around the B roads near the PEC then thrashed said PEC Turbo around the tracks and with Air set low its handling was even better.

Hence I included Air.

But Air is not for everyone some have found it wallows and car induce motion sickness, so its a case of try before you include.
When I read your response, Col, I remembered there was a lady forum member who suffered with the motion sickness problem and traded the car in for a Turbo PP on steel springs. The problem with the Turbo not being currently available is you can't easily check the spec on the Porsche website. At least, that's my excuse ;)
Yes, she suffered very badly and tried everything, eventually swapping for a PASM only Macan which itself was very shortlived before she was back in a 911.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:20 am
On-Track wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 am

Hence I included Air.

Yes, she suffered very badly and tried everything, eventually swapping for a PASM only Macan which itself was very shortlived before she was back in a 911.
Did she try seeing a doctor??!! I have air suspension and I don't find it "wallows" at all and I am especially sensitive. I would put it down to an inner ear issue more than a mechanical one! She must be great on aircraft!
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

[/quote]

Did she try seeing a doctor??!!
[/quote]

I think it was the doctor who prescribed the 911, smart guy ;)
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
VanB

Post by VanB »

A 911 seems to cure many ills :lol:
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

VanB wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:40 pm A 911 seems to cure many ills :lol:
Alas for me its the opposite.

I have loved driving a few 911 motors at the PEC but with my bad back I cannot get out of the damn things without doing further damage.

It leaves me a tad jealous of those like yourself that have these superb low slung motors.

If only
:mrgreen:
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
VanB

Post by VanB »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:56 pm

I have loved driving a few 911 motors at the PEC but with my bad back I cannot get out of the damn things without doing further damage.

It leaves me a tad jealous of those like yourself that have these superb low slung motors.

If only
Col

I struggle to get in and out of the bloody thing on occasion as I also have a bad back (and bad knees) but it is so comfortable once in and so engaging to drive it is definitely worth it. The smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel makes up for an awful lot :D

Cheers

VanB
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Reading above comments, I am thinking that I must get myself into 911, before it will be too difficult to get in and out of the thing!
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

VanB wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:01 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:56 pm

If only
Col

I struggle to get in and out of the bloody thing on occasion as I also have a bad back (and bad knees) but it is so comfortable once in and so engaging to drive it is definitely worth it. The smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel makes up for an awful lot :D

Cheers

VanB
Van

Sounds pretty good to me, hope you continue to enjoy it.

I am expecting to have hip replacement surgery in a few months so it will be quite a while before I get into a position where I could get into and out of a sports car.

Alas my Mrs does not drive so I need a compromise car at present and my Turbo fits the bill but later in the year who knows?
Col
Macan Turbo
VanB

Post by VanB »

Col,

The turbo is a fine car so I would continue to enjoy it.

Cheers