Changing the spec

All your ordering information here!
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I am thinking of amending my spec again; if I do this will be my 4th. I've bought many new cars and never changed the spec after signing the order form. I don't know if I knew that I could change the spec on those cars. I don't recall ever dithering over my first decisions. I suspect that because all (?) Porsche buyers choose so many extras that lends itself to dithering. What is the average number of changes / what is the record for the most number of changes?

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Fairynuff wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:02 pm I am thinking of amending my spec again; if I do this will be my 4th. I've bought many new cars and never changed the spec after signing the order form. I don't know if I knew that I could change the spec on those cars. I don't recall ever dithering over my first decisions. I suspect that because all (?) Porsche buyers choose so many extras that lends itself to dithering. What is the average number of changes / what is the record for the most number of changes?
My question to you is why not just spec the car YOU want?? Too many cooks spoil the broth...
Paul

Post by Paul »

The average number of changes has a direct relation with the amount of time spent in this forum......😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Fairynuff wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:02 pm I am thinking of amending my spec again; if I do this will be my 4th. I've bought many new cars and never changed the spec after signing the order form. I don't know if I knew that I could change the spec on those cars. I don't recall ever dithering over my first decisions. I suspect that because all (?) Porsche buyers choose so many extras that lends itself to dithering. What is the average number of changes / what is the record for the most number of changes?
Sounds very familiar. 😂. Changed spec three times during my 8 month wait. 🙈. Never on any other brand.
Rams911

Post by Rams911 »

I can't 4 times in a week. 😂 It's all part of the fun
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I changed my spec numerous times but only ever gave OPC 1 spec. Gave myself plenty of time to research. Porsche give you so many options it makes it a lot more diffucult. Ohh and expensive.
I got it right and no regrets at all. Imo spec the car for what you want and like. Enjoy it 100% 👍

Your next Macan spec could well become a 911 😉
GTS 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

:D

You will be striking a chord with so many of the members here when they read your post.

I’ll speculate that for many their response would be something along the lines of ....... only four changes. :D

Changed my spec so many times, as I already had a Black SD I did not really want another so went from White > Rhodium > Sapphire > and back to Black (it was my Wife’s choice).

In fact the only consistent Extras that were in all the Spec iterations were:-

14 way seats, ACC, Spyders, Ally PDK, LEDs, PS+ and Surround Cam.

Don’t be swayed include what you want.

Only specific advice I will give is do try and have a final test drive of a Macan with the same seating, suspension, wheel size and steering setup that you intend to include since this will represent the drive, ride, and handling of your actual car.

Meanwhile you think its bad now, wait till after lockdown and the wait starts proper, that is nerve racking.

Enjoy the road ahead.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Col Lamb wrote::D

Scandal! Col doesn’t have PASM [emoji12]
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Pivot wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 am

The Turbo comes with air suspension (including PASM) as standard, so no scandal here.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Pivot wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 am

No scandal, PASM is or rather was a standard fitment on the GTS and Turbo models. :D
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags