Door Cills

All your ordering information here!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:17 pm [quote=GMAN75 post_id=173129 time=1550159739 user_id=2416
I really don't understand why anyone would be up for that interior. You're asking for a flogging on that.
I love a good flogging, ideally naked and in public!! Pebble is my (our) favourite interior, although Ivory/Cream as in the Panamera would be preferred, had Pebble on Macan No 1, could not live with brown or standard black, (perhaps GTS with red piping), Won't have Luxor Beige again, it could look a bit orange at times, they now offer a different shade of Beige, so Pebble it has to be on Macan No 3, (no pano roof), but the Agate dash is really awful, why not black? Light colour interiors are no problem at all for us, no kids, no muddy fields and when scuffed the sills are easily cleaned, especially if they have protective treatment on them. A public flogging? - bring it on!

[/quote]

No flogging here Rolo, I am fully behind you when it comes the light colours, with the exception of light carpets which should be avoided the leather and plastic trims are easy to keep clean as long as you don't have children crashing in and out. It is interesting that most of the negative comments are coming from those that are anal about their car's external cleanliness but can't seem to manage the same internally. What muddy boots? You wouldn't allow a muddied boot within 10 feet of your pristine motors. So what do you do to protect yourself from the outrage of a potential dirty mark, you choose Boring BLACK :cry: There Rolo, I guess now the flogging will start, as soon as they can find a muddy welly to throw :lol:
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime in May/June 🤔 https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

MikeM wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:20 pm
Bigboyrolo wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:17 pm [quote=GMAN75 post_id=173129 time=1550159739 user_id=2416
I really don't understand why anyone would be up for that interior. You're asking for a flogging on that.
I love a good flogging, ideally naked and in public!! Pebble is my (our) favourite interior, although Ivory/Cream as in the Panamera would be preferred, had Pebble on Macan No 1, could not live with brown or standard black, (perhaps GTS with red piping), Won't have Luxor Beige again, it could look a bit orange at times, they now offer a different shade of Beige, so Pebble it has to be on Macan No 3, (no pano roof), but the Agate dash is really awful, why not black? Light colour interiors are no problem at all for us, no kids, no muddy fields and when scuffed the sills are easily cleaned, especially if they have protective treatment on them. A public flogging? - bring it on!
No flogging here Rolo, I am fully behind you when it comes the light colours, with the exception of light carpets which should be avoided the leather and plastic trims are easy to keep clean as long as you don't have children crashing in and out. It is interesting that most of the negative comments are coming from those that are anal about their car's external cleanliness but can't seem to manage the same internally. What muddy boots? You wouldn't allow a muddied boot within 10 feet of your pristine motors. So what do you do to protect yourself from the outrage of a potential dirty mark, you choose Boring BLACK :cry: There Rolo, I guess now the flogging will start, as soon as they can find a muddy welly to throw :lol:
[/quote]
Yes indeed, although I like my car looking good, it has to used, ideally black carpets, although they do show up dried mud, perhaps sheepskins would be better! Your Turbo is a great colour combination, when I consider Macan No 3, a used Turbo same as yours would be a strong contender.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

Black is not the way to go as it will show ever little mark.
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Ideally I would like the darker grey leather with the central parts of the seat and back in pebble grey; an I able to specify that, at what cost?
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

MikeM wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:20 pm No flogging here Rolo, I am fully behind you when it comes the light colours, with the exception of light carpets which should be avoided the leather and plastic trims are easy to keep clean as long as you don't have children crashing in and out. It is interesting that most of the negative comments are coming from those that are anal about their car's external cleanliness but can't seem to manage the same internally. What muddy boots? You wouldn't allow a muddied boot within 10 feet of your pristine motors. So what do you do to protect yourself from the outrage of a potential dirty mark, you choose Boring BLACK :cry: There Rolo, I guess now the flogging will start, as soon as they can find a muddy welly to throw :lol:
What's the point though in having light coloured door cills in the first place? Light coloured seats and headliners make the interior look more airy, but anything that low down might as well be in a more practical colour. You've already admitted that light carpets are a bad idea and so are light cills IMO. Light cills add nothing to the cabin ambience, but they will inevitably look grubby once they start getting scuffed up with a bit of wear and tear. The ones in Rolo's photo already look a bit used.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

steve w wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:38 pm Always thought how good that interior looks but for me it’s not practical ,it would make my life a misery keeping it mark/stain free,
I’ll stick to Black.
SteveW
As I've posted on different threads before, this interior is surprisingly practical. The occasional use of Wilko leather wipes (recommended to me by another forum member) keeps the interior looking like new. It looks less worn at three and a half years and 33k miles than my Cayenne's black interior did at two years and 30k miles.

If you don't like this interior mix then don't choose it but don't make assumptions on wear unless you've tried it. Mud comes off the door cill with a damp cloth and allowing mud on the carpet to dry and then vacuuming it works just as well on Agate Grey as on any other colour.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

These look like ideal for the job. £66 plus postage from China. Does anyone know of anything similar (for less than £100) a bit closer to home?

Note: The small print reads "suitable for Macan 2014 - 2016" are the doors / sills on the 2015 Macan the same as the 2019 Macan?

http://www.justautotrim.com/20142016-po ... -p-871.htm

Mac Sills.JPG

Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I have the sills - I don't have car to put them on so I don't know if they fit!

DSC00073.JPG

DSC00071.JPG

Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

After paying postage customs duty and clearance I didn't have a lot of change out of £150.
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

I have found that it tends to be the painted door entry area below the plastic trim that tends to get 'clonked' by heels of shoes on entry in particular. I have had these areas covered in PPF by my detailer so now the 'clonking' does not scratch the paintwork.🤗