Delivery date change

All your ordering information here!
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

I've been notified that my delivery date of 10th May has moved forward to 19th April (no explanation why). As my car will be on a boat with many others I presume others have had the same notification?

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Fairynuff wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 pm I've been notified that my delivery date of 10th May has moved forward to 19th April (no explanation why). As my car will be on a boat with many others I presume others have had the same notification?
Not necessarily. Delivery dates of individual cars get moved back and fore all the time, for all sorts of reasons. They are not shipped in batches with the same delivery dates.

You can't be sure your car is available for collection until the dealer tells you it's arrived, and often they don't know until it arrives on a transporter!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Is the 'lockdown' date set by the OPC or the factory; mine is 65 days.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The factory allocates build slots for specific models, specific variants and the OPC slot in their buyers as they see fit.

Early build slots do become available, been offered two myself and I turned them down but I did refer a member here to the OPC and he got the build and took delivery of his Turbo. Whilst one would think that the next person on the OPC list would get the offer it is not necessarily so.

The timescales have been quoted time and time again here, Lockdown is 6 weeks prior to actual start of the build.

Build is 3 - 3.5 days.

Delivery to OPC takes between 7 and 30 days, my own took 14 days and as you see this is the main variable.

If an OPC is doing their job they are monitoring the Codes at the factory and can see what is the state at any specific time, usually they simply are not bothered. These codes are shown below and are accessible by the Admin atthe OPC

Early build slots are one reason why OPCs like to have a spec Locked down, the other reason is that once you are Locked down your option to cancel has been removed and you are contracted to actually buy.

7A254509-6CFD-404E-8D91-759C8EF59F43.png

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Thanks for the interesting intel.

How many ships per week or per month deliver Porsche cars to England?
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Pivot wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:23 pm Thanks for the interesting intel.

How many ships per week or per month deliver Porsche cars to England?
Usually numerous arrivals per week. You can see relevant movements here - https://www.vesselfinder.com.

You can track the vehicle carriers from Emden to Sheerness for cars heading to southern dealerships, Grimsby for the North. Unfortunately, what you don't know is which ship your car is on!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Hi CL
Have been told by my OPC that lockdown is the 05/03, production completed 05/04........delivery to dealer 10/05, although, as I've said before on here, OPC say they would expect it late April ??
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Davidone wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:32 am Hi CL
Have been told by my OPC that lockdown is the 05/03, production completed 05/04........delivery to dealer 10/05, although, as I've said before on here, OPC say they would expect it late April ??
That period between lockdown and build completion would be less than what past experience has shown allthough that since the factory refurb the timescales may well have altered.

Its the Entry To Factory Compound to receipt at the OPC that is the prime variable.

Hence a dealer does not know an actual delivery date or if they do that is a significant change. In the past the OPC systems for a specific vehicle seem to have been set to an arbitrary number of days after Entry to Factory Compound.

The OPC is invoiced for a specific vehicle once it has left the Factory Compound.

My own Macan was only 14 days but one member here and it may well have been Simon had a very, very long wait, my Macan arrived late one Tuesday afternoon just at closing time and it was first thing Wednesday when they rang to say it had arrived and we set up collection a couple of days later.

Once arrived in the UK there is also the chance that one will be shipped off to Reading for extra QC checks thus adding to the delay.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Two Flew

Post by Two Flew »

I ordered a New Macan S before Christmas - within days of it appearing on the confuserator - and was given a specification freeze-date of 4 Jan, with a likely delivery date of late March/early April 2019.

In the New Year I was advised “lockdown” date would now be 25 Feb and delivery to the dealer put back to 5 May.

But last week they informed me delivery to the OPC should be on 25 April and I must freeze the spec by tomorrow, which i’ve done (but am reluctant to share the Porsche code just to learn from everyone what options i’ve missed!)

As a matter interst, I ordered a first gen Macan S in May 2015, with a hoped-for lead-time of twelve months. In Jan 2016, when I enquired of progress the OPC told me it could ANOTHER twelve months before my car arrived! I had them return my deposit, bought a Beemer, and am using a different dealer this time around.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

brought forward due to others cancelling due to 10% price hike