Delivery date change

All your ordering information here!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Two Flew wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:17 am I ordered a New Macan S before Christmas - within days of it appearing on the confuserator - and was given a specification freeze-date of 4 Jan, with a likely delivery date of late March/early April 2019.

In the New Year I was advised “lockdown” date would now be 25 Feb and delivery to the dealer put back to 5 May.

But last week they informed me delivery to the OPC should be on 25 April and I must freeze the spec by tomorrow, which i’ve done (but am reluctant to share the Porsche code just to learn from everyone what options i’ve missed!)

As a matter interst, I ordered a first gen Macan S in May 2015, with a hoped-for lead-time of twelve months. In Jan 2016, when I enquired of progress the OPC told me it could ANOTHER twelve months before my car arrived! I had them return my deposit, bought a Beemer, and am using a different dealer this time around.
Things do seem a bit odd with Porsche at the moments with the ordering process being very mixed up compared to what it was pre factory shutdown.

Chances are your OPC are hedging bets and being able to run with your locked down spec if things changed.

I would hazard a guess that they now have a probable build date and have added to that date about 30 days to give a probable delivery date of 25th April.

Regarding your cancelled order, it was a rough time for waits as Porsche was pushing the SD at that time and it was the S allocations that suffered, it did improve but not until mid 2016.

Whatever your spec is I am sure you have spent hours on the Confuserator to get it how you want and that is all that matters.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

89se7en

Post by 89se7en »

I put build deposit on new Macan S last May. Est arrival mid October, bumped due to WLTP. Put order in the day it arrived on the confuserator, back end of Nov. Promised delivery 1st March, one of the 1st S in the country.
Called OPC on Tuesday, they hadn't updated me yet, so I wanted to know how to pick car up on 1st March. Now I'm told 29th March (Brexit no deal date) and it MAY BE going up 10%. The car was in paint on 17th, so I assume that means it's now built..
So, is this new delay genuine, or is it blatant profiteering by either Porsche factory, Porsche UK or OPC?
And does anyone know if the BBC statement regarding 17th Jan is real (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 0156055977)
I'm really not impressed with the service from a "premium" manufacturer. All I've seen so far is arrogance and ignorance.
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

I have not been asked to pay the 10% as my order was placed prior to 17th January. This according to my OPC
89se7en

Post by 89se7en »

Thanks D1.
My OPC couldn't confirm but I think this is because they're simply incompetent or lazy. This is useful info for me.
I'm more annoyed about the delivery date slipping 6 weeks for no apparent reason.
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Yes, most of the OPC I have dealt with give you the impression they are doing you a favour selling you the car!!!! Hope others have had a better experience??
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

89se7en wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:11 am and it MAY BE going up 10%.
I was told within a couple of weeks after paying the deposit that I had been allocated an 'order number' and that action fixed the price i.e. would not/ could not be raised.
PorscheBlade

Post by PorscheBlade »

Hi 89,
I would refer your OPC to the Porsche press release on possible 10% increase, this stated that anyone who paid a deposit before 17th Jan would not be affected.....you should be ok. I paid mine back in July and haven’t heard anything re the increase (yet).
Macan SD Sapphire Blue sold April 19
Macan S Night Blue collected May 19
89se7en

Post by 89se7en »

Thanks for these responses fellas.
Now, any idea why it takes 6 weeks from paint shop to OPC? That sounds ridiculously long.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Allocated an order numbers means zilch, it is only when you lockdown the specification that you have confirmed that you will proceed with the order, up to spec lockdown your full deposit is refundable, even if you have been to the PEC.

OPCs like to con buyers into locking down early on the basis that if they get an earlier build for whatever reason (someone pulling out of a buy or extra allocations etc) then they can proceed.

OPCs do not necessarily operate a first come, first allocation basis, they are flexible in who gets what.

Me, I placed two deposits and cancelled one when I got a build date that I was happy with.

A 6 week period between Entry into Factory Compound to OPC is excessive, but a while back there was a fault in many Macans produced, some were held up at the Factory to be retrofitted there prior to despatch, others where held up at the various locations and batch retrofitted, others were retrofitted at OPCs. Or an OPC may simply not be advising correctly on actual build dates.

To many ifs and buts to be certain.

As I advised earlier an OPC is invoiced when the car leaves the compound so they are keen to receive the car and get the cash from the buyer asap.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:29 pm OPCs like to con buyers into locking down early on the basis that if they get an earlier build for whatever reason (someone pulling out of a buy or extra allocations etc) then they can proceed..
Based upon my experience over the past 6 months with Porsche I wouldn't believe them if they told me tomorrow is Sunday. Having been told the delivery date would be 10th Mat then 19th April I expect to hear from them in the next couple of weeks telling me it will be May or June.