New Macan S ordered in Jan'19

All your ordering information here!
DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

Always wanted a Porsche and this will be me 1st!
Hope I've got the spec right = https://www.porsche.com/uk/modelstart/a ... e=PKL5EFN5
Read lots of reviews and drove a few competitive makes / models, but the Macan was just streets ahead.
I've heard NOTHING about projected build / delivery date since paying the deposit, but was told in January to expect Feb build and end of March delivery. Seen lots on the forum to make this seem unlikely!

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Got spec right ...... I think you have blown everybody’s spec away with yours.

A very comprehensive spec, only one comment on the spec from me in that the Agate does have a brown hue which is more obvious in bright conditions so do be aware of this and have a good look at a sample outsite in bright sunlight if my comment has raised any doubts.

Many others have had such a combination of Agate interior and Saphire paintwork.

If you have been lurking here then you may have seen plenty of posts on the build but I will briefly recap.

Deposit
Spec Lockdown some 6 weeks prior to build
Build 3 days
Delivery from Factory Compound to your OPC will be in the typical range of 7-28 days

Your OPC is invoiced when the car leaves the Factory Compound.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

Many thanks for your feedback.
I was / am lucky to have the flexibility to select the performance ad-ons. I was originally toying with the sport exhaust option, but whilst the sound is amazing it does nothing else.
I'm going to give the SE a call and push for more information regarding availability and as I ordered before 17th Jan, I do not expect to get any additional tariff request!
Stanley246

Post by Stanley246 »

We had a launch party for the S on the 15/2 here in Oz . It was fired up in the showroom and all in attendance commented how muted the exhaust note was compared with the pre-update version , I’m glad I optioned PSE on my order ( Locked Down on the 22/2) to give it a bit of a note (hopefully)
Had one out for a demo last week and confirmed it was noticeable quite.....
Liked the new rear lights in the flesh, not so much the front spoiler, but hey minor details ,what an amazing piece of kit
DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:26 pm Welcome.

Got spec right ...... I think you have blown everybody’s spec away with yours.

A very comprehensive spec, only one comment on the spec from me in that the Agate does have a brown hue which is more obvious in bright conditions so do be aware of this and have a good look at a sample outsite in bright sunlight if my comment has raised any doubts.

Many others have had such a combination of Agate interior and Saphire paintwork.

If you have been lurking here then you may have seen plenty of posts on the build but I will briefly recap.

Deposit
Spec Lockdown some 6 weeks prior to build
Build 3 days
Delivery from Factory Compound to your OPC will be in the typical range of 7-28 days

Your OPC is invoiced when the car leaves the Factory Compound.
Got an email from my SE yesterday and my Macan S is due to finish the build stage on 21/3. Could it be it will be in the UK before 29th!!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Keeping fingers crossed for you.

The absolute quickest factory compound to OPC that has been reported in this forum was 7 days.

My own was 14 days but c20 days is about average or rather it has been in the past.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags