Delivery date for new Macan s

All your ordering information here!
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Anyone got a firm date for delivery yet, apparently mine is on the ship and will be ready to collect on the 20th. Anyone else told the same?

Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

PBT147 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:36 pm Anyone got a firm date for delivery yet, apparently mine is on the ship and will be ready to collect on the 20th. Anyone else told the same?
Can I know what date you signed the order form?
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Sure, it was November, I was lucky as registered my interest months before so once any info came through I got to know. Even built it on the 2.0 as the configurator didn't have the 3.0 on the system then it just got swapped to the S. Are you waiting?
pmg

Post by pmg »

Which OPC? I was talking to two from last May and following order shutdown, they had very different attitudes to expressions of interest in the facelift, One taking deposits, one just names.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

I was made aware by both Sheffield & Leeds that they were given some allocation, only a few I might add, so had a choices. Have you ordered? If so when and what dates you had quoted for delivery? Out of interest if you went to order one today what dates are getting quoted, I'd be guessing end of 2019?
50Trevor

Post by 50Trevor »

I placed Order 28 Jan , Delivery 2 week of May.
pmg

Post by pmg »

I was talking to Portsmouth and Mid Sussex. In the Summer, Portsmouth had prospective customer lists but was not taking deposits which Mid Sussex accepted. On the day the S configurator went up in December, I emailed both with my spec. Mid Sussex came back a week sooner than Portsmouth as their salesman happened to take a holiday at that time so Mid Sussex had my business by then and they submitted the order to Porsche. Both OPC's said they had build slots in Feb for March delivery. Porsche confirmed acceptance of the order to OPC in early January and I topped up the deposit to 10 %, fixing price. Since then the general one month delay talked about on here in January and confirmed by OPC so I am expecting delivery in April. I have not chased for a more accurate date as I realise can depend on how long the vehicle sits at Emden. Will chase end of the month.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

PBT147 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:56 am Have you ordered? If so when and what dates you had quoted for delivery? Out of interest if you went to order one today what dates are getting quoted, I'd be guessing end of 2019?
I paid my deposit on 28th December, about a month later I was given a delivery date of 10th May, I was dithering over changes on spec and then I got a new delivery date of 19th April, I then changed my spec and that date then went to June. I am happy to accept whatever has to be but I would like clarity on why. When dates change I would like a reason a bit more specific than "these things happen and we're never quite sure why."
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Fairynuff wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:36 pm
PBT147 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:56 am Have you ordered? If so when and what dates you had quoted for delivery? Out of interest if you went to order one today what dates are getting quoted, I'd be guessing end of 2019?
I paid my deposit on 28th December, about a month later I was given a delivery date of 10th May, I was dithering over changes on spec and then I got a new delivery date of 19th April, I then changed my spec and that date then went to June. I am happy to accept whatever has to be but I would like clarity on why. When dates change I would like a reason a bit more specific than "these things happen and we're never quite sure why."
Its not rocket science, if the OPC has given specific date then the OPC lied.

They have zero idea about when a specific car will be delivered to them.

There have been plenty of posts about the whole buying, build and delivery process its a case of reading them.

Here goes for positively the last time.

Deposit paid

Wait and configure your car

Lockdown of spec c6 weeks prior to start of build.

Build 3 days

Delivery from factory compound to OPC in the range 7 to 28 days.

So as you see a lot of variable so how can an OPC give a specific delivery date, easy its just a guess by them.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Just had confirmation my S arrived at dealership, Porsche Car Connect activated too so can use limited remote services if I had any need to do so. Handover on Wednesday I'll post some feedback once I've had time to play around. Anyone else picking theirs up next week?