Delivery date for new Macan s

All your ordering information here!
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Hi,
It was a Crayon S on 21" rs spyder wheels, basic extended leather, pano roof, normal seats, PASM, BOSE, reversing camera, Chrono pack and GT steering wheel a few body kit bits on standard exhaust. It only had 100miles on the clock so not even run in.. I was the third test driver that day and someone else was waiting for it when I got back ! I was encouraged to push on in it (thats why I would never buy ex demo) a few little
l3 bits are better than the 2.0 other than the engine.. double ×2 exhausts, aluminium on the door sills, grey background to the rev counter, piano black trim etc. A lovely place to be and very comfortable, but I am glad I've speced the further extended leather on the lower dash / top of doors / ctr console / steering wheel ctr etc. Screen looked very nice and not stuck on like many are, i got the seats / steering wheel set just right for me I actually felt like I was sat lower than my S3 and could still of put the seat lower. Setting off and having to turn the "key" was a novelty after a decade of start buttons.. the reversing camera was very good and useful in a tight car park. Felt very smooth. It was a foul day with driving rain and standing water, I didn't know the road but I tried my best to push on.. it was in normal mode leaving the dealer and felt very planted and compliant as we left the 30 zone I planted the throttle.. the box dropped 2 coggs quickly and smoothly the bonnet lifted and rapidly thrust us forward .. to laughs from me and the salesman .. I popped it into sport and it tightened up .. immediately droping 2 gears. faster throttle response and faster gear change .. it felt fast and responsive, smooth and refined engine.. but not much noise.. it didn't feel as fast or as direct as my S3 but it was never going to .. it will get better with a few thousand miles on it, for a 1800kg SUV it was amazing .. strung the corners together nicely and cornered quite flat.. I loved it, for what it is its excellent, fast, refined, handled well, rode well, excellent build quality, lovely interior. Better than the 2.0 in many ways and good value in comparison, Mpg wont be that different in real terms and will hold its value better. I've made a good choice.. roll on July :D
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9

pmg

Post by pmg »

T4LGO wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:07 pm Hi,
It was a Crayon S on 21" rs spyder wheels, basic extended leather, pano roof, normal seats, PASM, BOSE, reversing camera, Chrono pack and GT steering wheel a few body kit bits on standard exhaust. It only had 100miles on the clock so not even run in.. I was the third test driver that day and someone else was waiting for it when I got back ! I was encouraged to push on in it (thats why I would never buy ex demo) a few little
l3 bits are better than the 2.0 other than the engine.. double ×2 exhausts, aluminium on the door sills, grey background to the rev counter, piano black trim etc. A lovely place to be and very comfortable, but I am glad I've speced the further extended leather on the lower dash / top of doors / ctr console / steering wheel ctr etc. Screen looked very nice and not stuck on like many are, i got the seats / steering wheel set just right for me I actually felt like I was sat lower than my S3 and could still of put the seat lower. Setting off and having to turn the "key" was a novelty after a decade of start buttons.. the reversing camera was very good and useful in a tight car park. Felt very smooth. It was a foul day with driving rain and standing water, I didn't know the road but I tried my best to push on.. it was in normal mode leaving the dealer and felt very planted and compliant as we left the 30 zone I planted the throttle.. the box dropped 2 coggs quickly and smoothly the bonnet lifted and rapidly thrust us forward .. to laughs from me and the salesman .. I popped it into sport and it tightened up .. immediately droping 2 gears. faster throttle response and faster gear change .. it felt fast and responsive, smooth and refined engine.. but not much noise.. it didn't feel as fast or as direct as my S3 but it was never going to .. it will get better with a few thousand miles on it, for a 1800kg SUV it was amazing .. strung the corners together nicely and cornered quite flat.. I loved it, for what it is its excellent, fast, refined, handled well, rode well, excellent build quality, lovely interior. Better than the 2.0 in many ways and good value in comparison, Mpg wont be that different in real terms and will hold its value better. I've made a good choice.. roll on July :D
Thanks all nice to hear. I felt that way about the old S over old 2.0L. I also had standing water on the day last summer I drove an old S.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

T4LGO, thanks for sharing... I feel the need to visit an OPC and take the new S for a ride!
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
ianst

Post by ianst »

what did you think of the colour? still unsure if it works on a macan, will try and get out in one next weekend.
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

ianst wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:39 pm
what did you think of the colour? still unsure if it works on a macan, will try and get out in one next weekend.
I like the Macan in Crayon although don’t like the Macan in white. I took some pics of the facelift Macan in December

A07738F8-ACA4-4A96-AA25-28D4F79F0112.jpeg

B4110D0D-764A-4EED-A9E2-E2ED5EC1159D.jpeg

7DBDB4D4-94EB-4463-AB4B-F8916D204D13.jpeg

DC4891A1-720E-4C9E-9E83-0BD78B4DD8C4.jpeg

2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Crayon was ok.. not for me and its too expensive just for a different colour !
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I think Crayon is good... to match someone’s removable dentures.
Baa Ha Ha !
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
89se7en

Post by 89se7en »

My S arrived at the OPC today, PDI tomorrow then straight into the detailers for 3 days of G-Tecnic protection, so unfotunately I'll not get it unti next Tuesday/Weds. Deposit June, ordered November and was due 1st March so only a bit late....
Can't wait, but going to have to.
Anyone else having problems findng the 2019 S on the isurer websites?
darkness17

Post by darkness17 »

89se7en wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:14 pm My S arrived at the OPC today, PDI tomorrow then straight into the detailers for 3 days of G-Tecnic protection, so unfotunately I'll not get it unti next Tuesday/Weds. Deposit June, ordered November and was due 1st March so only a bit late....
Can't wait, but going to have to.
Anyone else having problems findng the 2019 S on the isurer websites?
Which OPC was that? Do you know when it arrived at Sheerness

I'm waiting for my S to be delivered to the OPC. It's not a nice wait!

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your new Macan
89se7en

Post by 89se7en »

It came in via Grimsby, arrived there Monday I think, left Grimsby this morning and ended up in sunny Newcastle at about 4pm.
I can't wait to see it. We went for Macan Turbo 20s, so I've not seen them yet apart from pictures, all the (2ltr) demos wore 21s.
This isn't our car, but it is our spec PK4XW7G7.
Will post pictures next week.
May even nip to detailer this weekend for a sneaky preview...