Potential S order

All your ordering information here!
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Yep just got the mail...
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

PorscheBlade wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:59 am My car is due mid April and I received the same email as pmg this morning.
This will be the third time I will have visited PEC Silverstone but the difference this time is that previously you could share this experience with a guest free of charge, on today’s invite it states a cost of £472 if your guest wants to participate.....times must be getting hard at Porsche!
I had my third session at PEC Silverstone in October. For a third time, they allowed me to split my session with a guest. Although they’re pushing to get the £472 so you both get a full session each, ring them up and I’m sure they’ll still let you share, especially when you say you’ve done it twice before. :)

The difference is with sharing, you split the one session between you, whereas with paying the extra £472, both you and your guest get a full session each.

1ED9E5CB-B3A6-411C-A1F7-8C2455A96FA1.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
PorscheBlade

Post by PorscheBlade »

Cheers Wing Co.
On my first session I had to split the hours but on the second session we both got the full hours each. I’ll be giving them a call nearer the date to see what they will do....long way from Sheffield but a great day out nonetheless.
Macan SD Sapphire Blue sold April 19
Macan S Night Blue collected May 19
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Agreed on the great day out! :)

Full hours each and you definitely pay the extra premium now. ;)

Have fun, whichever way you do it!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Having been there once already I gifted my experience day to my daughter and her boyfriend. No problem at all and they were able to swap over during the morning tea break.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
VanB

Post by VanB »

Been there 4 times now and learnt something new every time. It is well worth going but I would advise you to prep questions in advance to get the most out of it and also to let the instructor drive you round the course at speed. All I can say is holy sh*t after being driven round you realise how inadequate we all are as drivers and how far away from the limits of the car we all drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Rab J wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:14 pm Having been there once already I gifted my experience day to my daughter.
Can you do that - my eldest is an enthusiast and would love the experience; it would be lost on me - can he go in my place?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

VanB wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:47 pm Been there 4 times now and learnt something new every time. It is well worth going but I would advise you to prep questions in advance to get the most out of it and also to let the instructor drive you round the course at speed. All I can say is holy sh*t after being driven round you realise how inadequate we all are as drivers and how far away from the limits of the car we all drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very wise words Van.

As you say it is well worth getting the Instructor to show you how its done.

The questions I asked were for them to explain about positioning, sight lines and braking technique before we started, this was done during breakfast for the am slot that I had (or over lunch if anyone chooses a pm slot).

They should also be able to give running commentary on precisely what they are doing.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

VanB wrote:Been there 4 times now and learnt something new every time. It is well worth going but I would advise you to prep questions in advance to get the most out of it and also to let the instructor drive you round the course at speed. All I can say is holy sh*t after being driven round you realise how inadequate we all are as drivers and how far away from the limits of the car we all drive
That is exactly what I am after! Training course in a safe environment. I have done it with other brands, looking forward to the Porsche!
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Fairynuff wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:08 pm
Rab J wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:14 pm Having been there once already I gifted my experience day to my daughter.
Can you do that - my eldest is an enthusiast and would love the experience; it would be lost on me - can he go in my place?
Not a problem it seems, others on here have done it as well I think. There is a minimum age of 25 I believe. It is paid for in the new car purchase price so yours by right to do with what you want. My SE did all the arangments for me and the PEC contacted my daughter directly to make final arrangements.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50