Macan S Ordered

All your ordering information here!
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Whats people's thoughts on the GT steering wheel ?
Is it smaller, thicker, different rim design ? Or is it just the spoke design ?
I thought the rim in the standard one a bit thin..
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Now that is a Hulk of a GREEN.

The GT steering wheel is nit an option many have chosen, it is just a bit of bling metal screwed on and a heating system fitted. In a standard steering wheel with hands at 10 to 2 the wheel is shaped and comfy to hold. If in doubt do have a hunt out for one at local OPCs. One thing though the single best interior extra is heating to the Steering Wheel, I use mine far more than the heated seats.

A couple of things on your Spec, you have no spare wheel, just a can of gunk comes with the car. I have had an unrepairable flat and had I not had a spare I would have been stranded for hours.

8 way seats, if you have not had a long test drive in a Macan with them I suggest you do before you lockdown the spec. Personally I find 8 way very uncomfortable and the last thing I would wish is for you not to have a comfortable driving position, I have been driving Macans for three years on 14 way seats and they are the most comfortable of any car I have driven. So please get this element right for you and any other driver of your Macan.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Thanks.
Ive driven one today for about an hour and a half on the standard 8 way seats, it did have the soft leather pack with leather EVERYWHERE ! I found them very comfortable.
I was like a kid in a sweet shop on the configurator back at the dealership the salesman was actually advising me not to get things ! Makes a change.
Lawrie

Post by Lawrie »

I ordered mine yesterday for June delivery. No deals for me though just list :(
PK887XT2
2019 Macan S
2021 718 Spyder
2010 Boxster
ianst

Post by ianst »

Did you manage a discount?
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
Lawrie

Post by Lawrie »

No discount for me. Still haggling for a freebie but nothing off the car.
2019 Macan S
2021 718 Spyder
2010 Boxster
pmg

Post by pmg »

T4LGO wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:18 pm Thanks.
Ive driven one today for about an hour and a half on the standard 8 way seats, it did have the soft leather pack with leather EVERYWHERE ! I found them very comfortable.
I was like a kid in a sweet shop on the configurator back at the dealership the salesman was actually advising me not to get things ! Makes a change.
If it was a facelift S you drove, then I suspect you are the 1st forum member to drive one! If so any comments on anything else other than seats?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

It was just a 2.0.. I did ok :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

T4LGO wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:18 pm Thanks.
Good, its what works for you that matters.

Keep some pressure on the SE as to what freebies they can throw in.

At handover previously buyers got a presentation box with a framed image of the car, a spare key and a keyring, and a full tank of fuel, that’s it. A full tank of fuel is Porsche UK policy so do not let them fob you off with only a 1/4 tank.

Some have had a Porsche USB memory stick or a set of rubber mats or an umbrella or some other item from their accessory range.

Macan 1 we got a set of 6 Porsche mugs

Macan 2 we got two Porsche travel mugs, which are excellent btw.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

I'll hold out for a Porsche mug !