Ordering a Macan

All your ordering information here!
hawk.kat

Post by hawk.kat »

Hi Everyone!
I'm totally new here.
I've narrowed it down to a Macan or a Macan S. I'm going out tomorrow to try out both again after reading that some reviewers actually prefer the smaller engine.

I can't seem to find Autonomous Emergency Braking as a available option. My salesman tried telling me that Multi Collision Braking is the same thing.

What are the "must specs"?
I'm trying to keep cost at and £60k.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Welcome - IMO, a must have spec if a sales assistant who has plenty of experience with Porsche who will guide you through the Porsche minefield other wise known as choosing 'must have' extras. I am in the same position as you (albeit a bit further down the road) and I can tell you that configuring your Porsche is nothing like your experience with Audi/BMW etc., it's not simply about cosmetics and comfort it's much more complicated. The biggest minefield is the wheels e.g. will that wheel work with that suspension and it doesn't stop there - good luck.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

hawk.kat wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:00 pm Hi Everyone!
I'm totally new here.
I've narrowed it down to a Macan or a Macan S. I'm going out tomorrow to try out both again after reading that some reviewers actually prefer the smaller engine.

I can't seem to find Autonomous Emergency Braking as a available option. My salesman tried telling me that Multi Collision Braking is the same thing.

What are the "must specs"?
I'm trying to keep cost at and £60k.

I’ve never heard of automonous emergency braking. It sounds like something as part of Adaptive Cruise Control. My Golf had that. It usually went off when getting too close to a left turning vehicle. The dash lit up and the brakes shuddered.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Welcome, Porsche don’t offer autonomous emergency braking (unlike all the other VW brands☹️) the closest you’ll get is ACC. Never heard of multi collision braking? (Unkess it’s very new to Phase 2 models)
Must haves are a massive debate on here; one man’s “must have” is another’s “what on earth for?”
There is a sticky thread somewhere going back a couple of years which attempts to bring all the options and their respective merits together.....

Here

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4942
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
hawk.kat

Post by hawk.kat »

Thanks, folks.

Multiple Collision Braking is listed under standard equipment.

This is one combo I've put together
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKQEUDE2

Guy

Post by Guy »

hawk.kat wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:12 pm Multiple Collision Braking is listed under standard equipment.
From a quick google I understand that this kicks in after an accident or collision to help prevent another! :?

(EDIT: And the first generation Macan also has this.)
pmg

Post by pmg »

hawk.kat wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:12 pm Thanks, folks.

""Multiple Collision Braking is listed under standard equipment."

where? I am not seeing it listed in my facelift S porsche code produced spec
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
pmg

Post by pmg »

pmg wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:20 pm
hawk.kat wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:12 pm Thanks, folks.

""Multiple Collision Braking is listed under standard equipment."

where? I am not seeing it listed in my facelift S porsche code produced spec
I was looking under safety, now found it under "Braking"

Now found the section in old 2017 -218 Macan web manual

Page: 229

"Multi-collision braking

During an accident, multi-collision braking can help the driver reduce the risk of skidding and further collisions during the accident through automatically initiated braking.

Prerequisites
Multi-collision braking works exclusively:

During front, side, and rear-end collisions.
When the airbag control unit detects an appropriate activation threshold during an accident.
During an accident at a driving speed above approx. 5 mph (10 km/h).
Information
The vehicle is decelerated automatically by the PSM system, provided the hydraulic brake system, PSM, and electrical system remain undamaged and operational during the accident.

Exceptions
The following activities prevent automatic braking in the event of an accident:

When the driver noticeably presses on the accelerator pedal.
If the brake pressure produced when the driver presses the brake pedal is stronger than the brake pressure applied by the system."
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
darkness17

Post by darkness17 »

Nice, Looks a beast all in black with the satin rims!

Have you considered PASM? seems to be the consensus that PASM is a definite item to have
VanB

Post by VanB »

Welcome, hawk.kat and you hve come to a great place for info and advice willingly shared.

There are no "must have" options despite what you may be told, however, there are a lot of experienced Porsche buyers on here who will happily give you the benefit of their experience. The options that work best for you are the must haves and we re all different. For example I would never have a pano roof (too many problems, expensive, adds weight in the wrong place) but something like 80% of buyers would spec it as one of their first options. Seats are a big topic of debate and I'm sure Col Lamb will be along shortly to advise on this subject but the best advice is to try out as many as you can.

Colour is obviously a personal choice but you will also get some strong opinions here too (I despise Crayon for example).

What you will find is that 99% of the time people are good humoured and helpful and will answer you as honestly as possibe so ask away.

Good luck with your buying experience.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate