Ordering a Macan

All your ordering information here!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

hawk.kat wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:46 am Yes, intend to make it as b&w as possible.

Btw is anyone driving a "budget" [emoji16] Macan with minimum optional extras? What's that experience like?
How long is a piece of string!? ;)

Different drivers have different perceptions of a 'budget' Macan.

Some on here have driven an almost optionless Macan. Caster possibly?

My Macan 'only' had about £5k of options. From memory, my main ones were 21" Sport Classic wheels, 18-way seats, sports exhaust tips, heated seats, heated steering wheel & metallic paint. Others may have opted for PASM, Air, pano roof, uprated headlights, upgraded sound system etc...

My experience was fine, but may not count for much, as within a month I'd swapped for a 911! :oops: :lol: :twisted:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

I bought a pre spec one about a month ago.Options were limited to 19 in wheels pano roof 14 way seats heated seats reversing camera smokers pack plus a few other bits I can’t remember I think the extras came to about £4 k.They had another Macan they offered me with £7 extras.I bought the car on a pcp scheme and what was interesting was that the final balloon on both cars,with the same deposit, was exactly the same.I came to the conclusion that the extras didn’t add any value to the car when part exchanging especially if you run the car for the full pcp agreement .However they may make a difference to your enjoyment of the car during your ownership.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

Extras, emotive subject to post as we all have our own Must Haves or otherwise.

A Macan without any Extras is a very basic car and I for one would never buy one.

To a basic Macan if larger wheels are added the ride quality will suffer very badly, I liken it to a Beamer on flat run flat tyres. The ride is hard, unforgiving and the handling is compromised but if this is what owners want then that is up to them.

Do remember a Macan is not a Sports Car so whilst some may say they do not have PASM on their Sports Car it means nothing related to a Macan. PASM is the single most important inclusion to give the best ride quality and the best handling of your future Macan.

Basic seats have a flat back and are unsupportive, 18 way give a very snug fit, 14 way are the most comfortable, but it is what works for you.

Try parallel parking a Macan and you should see that there is a huge blind spot in the rear quarter hence if you have to park in tight spaces then Surround Cam is the best option.

My stock final advice based on my three years of Macan ownership is to have a long test drive of a Macan with the same seats, wheel size, suspension and steering as you intend to specify for only then will you be sure that that is what you want.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
hawk.kat

Post by hawk.kat »

Back from the test drive: driven back-to-back for an hour each, I prefer the 3L. On its own, the 2L has than enough power for a non adventurous driver like me.

More questions:
- is the zero additional cost black that different from metallic black?
- the ACC comes with emergency brake assist and pedestrian detection. Can these functions stay active even when cruise control isn't engaged?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

...so which one will you order...? V6 3.0 or 4-cylinder 2.0? :)
Simon

hawk.kat

Post by hawk.kat »

Wing Commander wrote:...so which one will you order...? V6 3.0 or 4-cylinder 2.0? :)
The V6 and will try to cut cost by limiting the optional extras.
My dealership apparently has only 2 more 2L allocated to it for the rest of the year.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

hawk.kat wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:40 pm
Wing Commander wrote:...so which one will you order...? V6 3.0 or 4-cylinder 2.0? :)
The V6 and will try to cut cost by limiting the optional extras.
My dealership apparently has only 2 more 2L allocated to it for the rest of the year.
Sounds like a wise choice and a good strategy. :)
Simon

brains1900

Post by brains1900 »

My macan SD is pretty basic but I did add some cosmetic items as well as practical items and extras totalled around 5k. If I was to specify again I’d choose most of the items again but would drop the compass. Navigation was extra at the time and connect/connect + was too. Practical options were roof bars and tow bar. I went for noise insulating glass and heated seats for comfort, and Porsche crests and compass for bling. Got the nav, but didn’t bother with connect. On 18 inch wheels and still love it after 2 years.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

hawk.kat wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:12 pm Back from the test drive: driven back-to-back for an hour each, I prefer the 3L. On its own, the 2L has than enough power for a non adventurous driver like me.

More questions:
- the ACC comes with emergency brake assist and pedestrian detection. Can these functions stay active even when cruise control isn't engaged?

A wise move, you should have found that the S with its vastly superior power should have made for a much more relaxed drive. The base 2.0 has a very heavy car to lug around and that reflects in a low mpg.

If you see them side by side Solid Black is OK but Met Black does look better and seems to have a higher shine.

Similar with Solid White, the Met White does seem to have a higher shine but in this case a blue cast in bright sunlight.

ACC, if switched on the PAS braking functions even if the cruise is not set, the ACC is on if it shows in the MFD.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
hawk.kat

Post by hawk.kat »

Col Lamb wrote:
hawk.kat wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:12 pm Back from the test drive: driven back-to-back for an hour each, I prefer the 3L. On its own, the 2L has than enough power for a non adventurous driver like me.

More questions:

ACC, if switched on the PAS braking functions even if the cruise is not set, the ACC is on if it shows in the MFD.
So there is a PAS Braking function that is independent of the cruise control function (as long as ACC is specced)?