Potential S Order - Comments Welcomed

All your ordering information here!
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:57 pm My side blades are painted in Volcano and are certainly easier to clean than the standard plastic ones.
Does it really come down to how easy they are to clean? Surely they are the same material as the chin spoiler, lower side skirt etc?

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

The chin spoiler and rear number plate surround in black "plastic" standard finish are relatively easy to clean.

The side blades have a raised dots finish in the black marerial and they are a bugger to keep clean, especially if you live in a rural area with mucky roads.

The painted blades and painted rear valance are so much better for easy cleaning and appearance.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Guy

Post by Guy »

I have standard sideblades and have never found them a problem to keep clean, despite living in rural areas. Usually I have simply cleaned then in the same way as bodywork - jetwash/snowfoam followed by shampoo with washmit,rising with jetwash and then drying with microfibre. Only once, quite recently, have I used a soft brush on them to remove some stubborn mud/dirt.

If you are really into cleaning cars, there are far more difficult bits to clean than the standard sideblades!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Guy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:02 am I have standard sideblades and have never found them a problem to keep clean, despite living in rural areas. Usually I have simply cleaned then in the same way as bodywork - jetwash/snowfoam followed by shampoo with washmit,rising with jetwash and then drying with microfibre. Only once, quite recently, have I used a soft brush on them to remove some stubborn mud/dirt.

If you are really into cleaning cars, there are far more difficult bits to clean than the standard sideblades!
I echo Guy’s comments.

The standard sideblades on my SD were not a problem to clean, not as easy as painted panels but not to bad.

Actually the worst area to clean is the lower panels immediately to the rear of each rear wheel.

By contrast the painted sideblades on my Turbo are just as easy to clean as the adjacent panels.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

Thanks, I think I just need to see:

Volcano Grey with standard blades and no kit
Volcano Grey with SD kit

Can then work out best options for me
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Elrao wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:43 am Thanks, I think I just need to see:

Volcano Grey with standard blades and no kit
Volcano Grey with SD kit

Can then work out best options for me
Have to say my carbon side blades are a delight to clean and look great against Rhodium Silver but can't say if they're worth the extra money vs standard or painted. But I love them :D
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
ianst

Post by ianst »

I don't think I could justify £800 for fake carbon
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)