Potential S Order - Comments Welcomed

All your ordering information here!
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

Thanks everyone, some responses ... don't need heated seats in the rear, as the two in the rear are in car seats (for at least 3 years for one, and 5 years for the other) so there is no need. Have never seen the need for a heated steering wheel and never had one, front seats my wife does use all the time - but have never thought a steering wheel really takes long to heat up!

Revised Spec:

Exterior Colour
  • Volcano Grey Metallic £632
Interior Colour
  • Black leather package with partial leather seats £ 1,094.00
Exterior
  • SportDesign package with SportDesign sideskirts £ 2,096
  • Panoramic roof system £ 1,137.00
  • Privacy glass £ 333.00
  • Roof rails in aluminium, painted in black £ 245.00
  • Side window trims in black (high-gloss) £ 143.00
Engine, transmission and chassis
  • Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) £ 816.00
  • 20-inch Macan Turbo wheels in satin platinum £ 2,576.00
Lighting and vision
  • Tinted LED taillights including light strip £ 425.00
Comfort and assistance systems
  • ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera £ 362.00
Interior
  • 14-way electric seats (front) with memory package £ 1,044.00
  • Seat heating (front) £ 294.00
  • Side airbags in rear compartment £ 261.00
  • Smoking package £ 38.00
Car comes out at £60k like this:

Still considering:
  • Painted side blades
  • Remove leather - need to see one without it (every car in the dealer had it...)
  • Sports tailpipes - like the black look, but cost hard to justify, can the standard ones be painted???
  • Sport design pack
  • Sports seats
  • Air suspension
  • Surround camera
  • 75 litre fuel tank

macanc4.png

macanc3.png

macanc2.png

macanc1.png

Elrao

Post by Elrao »

Same spec, without SD kit, really hadn't noticed that "chin" until someone mentioned it!!

macand4.png

macand3.png

macand2.png

macand1.png

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

I mentioned it! :lol:

It's that solitary ugly black hair that sticks out of your chin after you've shaved! Pluck that thing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

Elrao wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:48 am Thanks everyone, some responses ... don't need heated seats in the rear, as the two in the rear are in car seats (for at least 3 years for one, and 5 years for the other) so there is no need. Have never seen the need for a heated steering wheel and never had one, front seats my wife does use all the time - but have never thought a steering wheel really takes long to heat up!
For the last 3 years, once a week I regularly leave the house shortly after 5am for a 30 minute drive to work. Until 2 months ago I had an A4 Avant - no heated seats and no heated steering wheel :shock: In the winter, the steering wheel would be icey to the touch which made the journey much more uncomfortable than anything else. Now I have my Macan with heated seats and steering wheel I can't tell you the difference. Rather than tentatively holding the wheel with one hand then the other whilst warming up the other cold hand by sitting on it! for nearly the whole journey, I have a toasty wheel in a minute. Heated leather seats make no sense without a heated leather wheel IMHO :D

Apart from that, really lovely spec! :)
Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
darkness17

Post by darkness17 »

SE told me the 75 litre fuel tank was basically a required extra so even if you submit an order without it the factory would change it lol

Make sure you get the demo car for a good couple of hours I had the SD for practically an entire today so I could really evaluate it properly same with the base cayenne

looks awesome in the volcano grey and the new light bar
pjt1000

Post by pjt1000 »

I have very similar car on orders hopefully pick up in about 2 weeks.

My comments

- I feel SD is expensive option and particularly not necessary when dark colour car as plastic bits etc not as visible

- running boards dont seem popular on this size of car and can be hindrance

- I've had Porsche with standard and Bose stereo, I would not spend the cash on it again as standard is fine for most people and me

I have opted for roof rails as no way to attach without them and I personally feel they add to the look of the car. I have opted for PASM based on feedback on here and other drivers I know, they thought air was unnecessary.

Heated steering wheel is a must.

I was torn about the tinted rear lights, ended up not getting them as thought the grey tinted made the rear too bland but that is entirely personal and I think both options will look great.
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

Thanks everyone, am leaning towards not having the SD kit. Dealer said they are getting one in grey, with the SD kit in a few weeks - so I'd be able to go see one before finalising the spec.

Forgot to add the spare wheel, when I tried adding the 19" before it made me add the PCCB... For £6k!
Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Demo Macan S

My local dealer tells me they will not have one available until late May?? I said they must be joking and he said hardly any OPC had them.
So come on all............how many of your local dealers have a Macan S demo car?
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

Colchester didn't, said they would soon...
Paul

Post by Paul »

My 2 p....
No to the running boards, yes to the painted blades (they’re a sod to keep clean in the standard stippled plastic finish)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465